Sunday 7 August 2011

Sunday Shopping Spree (Clinique, Stila, Holika Holika, Hello Kitty)

Did a bit of shopping in town today!

My first stop was Isetan Scotts to pick up the Clinique Black Honey Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss (S$26, 15ml). According to the SA, each counter received only 20 pieces of the lipgloss, which was selling fast. When I picked up mine in the morning, there were only 10 left. Do also check out Joey's and Sophia's posts on the press event.

Next at Tangs Orchard, I was happy to find that the Stila Striking in South Beach palette had arrived at the Escentials boutique.

It retails at S$29 here, versus US$14 in the US. But thanks to a combination of using my Tangs Citibank bonus dollars and Escentials points, I paid just S$20 for it. Now, I just need Wonderful in Waikiki and Living the Life in Laguna to complete my collection!

At Guardian Pharmacy in Ion, I picked up the My Beauty Diary Aegean Sea Pink Rockrose Mask and Mediterranean Orange Blossom Mask. These were on sale at S$5.95 each for a box of 5 masks. I think the usual price is S$6.95.

Also snagged this BRTC sampler pack of four BB creams at half price for just S$8.90. The manufacturing date is 26 Nov 2009 with the expiry date in November 2012.

At Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann City, I came across these Hello Kitty accessories with a cute lace motif.


Since there was a 10% discount on stationery items for members, I decided to get the laptop sleeve.


The case fits my 13-inch white MacBook perfectly.

My Melody stationery with a UK flag theme.

At Holika Holika, the Aqua Petit Jelly BB display caught my eye. The Jelly BB SPF20 PA++, which comes in two shades, has a wonderfully light texture and looks quite natural when swatched.

There is a matching Jelly Starter which serves as an illuminating and hydrating primer. This doesn't add any colour to the skin but instead, gives it an added glow.


The Jelly BB and Jelly Starter retail at S$32.90 each. If you are a Holika member, you can enjoy a 10% discount. (A $100 purchase qualifies you for the membership.) For National Day, Holika is also offering a 20% discount on selected products, plus gifts with purchase of S$40, S$60 and S$80 (see the details on their Facebook page).

With my purchase, I received a pack of Juicy Hawaii Orangeade Lip & Eye Remover Tissue wipes.

Also saw the hoarding of the upcoming H&M store, which will be opening on 3 September. It's probably the most anticipated fashion store opening of the year in Singapore, but I've never had much luck shopping in H&M.

Hope you had a good weekend too!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

H&M coming? Wow, must book a holiday soon!

Jamilla Camel said...

great haul! I am still confined to internet shopping, but I'll be out shopping soon!

Anonymous said...

I never found the stila palettes at any sephora in NYC. :(

Haru said...

Same, I didn't see any Stila beach palettes at the Sephora stores in New York last month. Maybe Sephora only carries them on its website now?

Hi Jamilla,
Hope you get out of that cast soon!

Tess said...

how much is the laptop sleeve?
and where is the h&m located? around town which part?

thanks

maccaroon said...

Hi Haru
I really like the decal on your MacBook. May I know where did you get it from? Thank u

milktea said...

There's a similar BRTC bb cream 4 pcs set selling for almost SGD26.00 in Malaysia! 2 of the creams are different, but still...

Haru said...

hi Tess,
The Hello Kitty laptop sleeve is S$39.90, before the members discount. The H&M store is located at Orchard Building (opposite Cineleisure, in the space that used to be occupied by California Fitness gymn).

hi maccaroon,
It's a Gelaskin decal that I purchased at a computer accessories store in Vivocity. The store is no longer there but I think you can purchase Gelaskin online.

Tsuze said...

Same for me too. I've usually no luck shopping in H&M. I could go rounds in its 4 storey outlet and still come out empty-handed or end up with just a small accessory only. I hope Singapore could bring in more shops for us to shop in.

maccaroon said...

Thanks Haru for replying (:spa

daphne said...

oh, nice haul! if you could review the Holika BB cream, pls? :)

Haru said...

Hi Daphne,
Sure, will do it later this week :)

CHEM said...

Wow, looking forward to H&M! I've only been to one in Italy, but I managed to find nice things there. ^^