Thursday 4 August 2011

Sleek Oh So Special i-Divine Palette

Sleek recently added the Oh So Special i-Divine Palette to their permanent line-up in the UK. The palette has actually been around for awhile as it was originally designed as an exclusive to Sephora stores in Europe. It retails for £6.99 in the UK, although I'm not sure why on the Sleek website, it costs US$12.60 whereas the other i-Divine palettes are priced at US$10.

Composed of five shimmery and seven matte shades, Oh So Special is easily the most office-friendly i-Divine palette in Sleek's current range thanks to the very wearable mix of soft peach, pink and brown tones. It's the perfect palette for lovers of neutral tones. Oh So Special proved to be highly elusive in the Superdrug stores in London, during my time there. One SA said that they usually get just a couple of pieces in at a time, which then sell out almost immediately.


It's easy to create smoky looks for night with Oh So Special thanks to the inclusion of three gorgeously intense smoky shades: Glitz (shimmery gunmetal grey), Celebrate (rich dark chocolate) and Noir (matte black).

Using Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasist PK857 Sugar Glazed Pink as the base, I brushed Bow over the browbone area, Ribbon in the inner half of the lid, Organza in the outer half of the lid. Next, I smudged Glitz along the upper lashline and Gateau along the lower lashline and above the crease.

I finished by applying Canmake Gokunobi mascara.


For the second look, I applied Celebrate along the upper lashline, Pamper over the browbone area, Gateau along the lower lashline, Ribbon in the inner half of the crease and Gift Basket in the outer half of the crease.

I also used MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner On The Hunt and Kate Magical Long Gel Mascara N BK1. The latter sadly fails at keeping my lashes curled (I applied the mascara after using the MAC eyelash curler).

The texture of the eyeshadows is the usual Sleek quality, with most shades offering good colour payoff and long-lasting wear, when used over a good primer. Some of the darker shades had a bit of fallout when being applied but these were easily cleaned up.

Compared with Paraguaya and Storm, Oh So Special contains a number of similar shades but with slight differences in tone.




Three shades from Oh So Special have very close dupes in the earlier limited edition Bohemian palette.

Celebrate in Oh So Special has a very close dupe in the limited edition Curious palette.

Overall, I think Oh So Special is likely to prove to be one of Sleek's most popular palettes, due to its great wearability and flattering combination of shades. If Paraguaya was too overwhelmingly peach and pink for you while the upcoming Au Naturel (from the Nude collection) looks too blah, I would recommend getting Oh So Special as it offers a happy balance between the two. Below is the ingredients list.

5 comments:

...OBSESSIONS to LIVE FOR... said...

I don't have any of the Sleek palettes, but I'm definitely getting this one! Shipping to the US is a bit expensive but I'm sure I can find more things to buy to make it worth it =)
xx
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Whr can I buy this dear?

Haru said...

hi Bethany,
It's a very useful palette, am sure you will like it!

hi,
You can purchase it on Sleek's website:
http://www.sleekmakeup.com/en/categories/eye-shadow-17.aspx

Elaine said...

Hey Iris, love the EOTDs. I am liking Oh So Special more (nelegecting Storm) :p

Anonymous said...

I'm sold totally :) The colors are so perfect for my everyday office use! Guess what I did? I immediately went onto ebay and got myself one.....and Life's a peach blusher too LOL