Saturday 13 October 2012

Canmake Nobimori Mascara

Canmake recently launched Nobimori Mascara 01 Luster Black, which promises lush lengthening and volumising effects thanks to the use of an "extra tension polymer". The film-type mascara does not contain any fibres and can be easily removed with warm water. It also contains panthenol, hyaluronic acid, collagen, olive oil and squalene to nourish the lashes.

Priced very affordably at 630yen (about S$10), Nobimori has a comb applicator with shorter teeth at the tip, designed for catching the finer lower lashes. The formula is a slightly thick liquid that builds up both length and volume quite quickly. If there is too much product on the applicator, it can cause the lashes to clump together but this is usually easily rectified. The mascara is an almost glossy jet black that gives the lashes beautiful definition.

While it holds the curl of the lashes pretty well, the main flaw is that it takes several minutes to dry. During that time, the mascara tends to smudge onto my lower eyelid or waterline when I blink. If you're usually in a rush in the mornings, this gets super annoying. The slow drying aspect is the primary reason behind the low average rating of just 2.7 stars (out of 7) on Cosme.net. The tenacious formula also takes quite a bit of soaking with my usual L'Oreal eye makeup remover to come off completely.


While I like Nobimori better than K-Palette 1 Day Lash Perm as the former is superior in terms of adding volume, it's not stellar enough for me to want to re-purchase it. Good thing it wasn't too expensive!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The wand looks interesting.

http://swatchesandwhatnot.blogspot.com

galpal.hi said...

Thank you for reviewing this mascara. I usually like Canmake mascaras but with the flaw of it taking long to dry, it won't do well with me or my eyelashes. I'm sure that this wetter formulation will uncurl my lashes as well as smudge on me.

*Kat*