Saturday 20 October 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks

Rimmel just released five matte lipsticks in their Lasting Finish by Kate Moss line. Being a big fan of the Kate lipsticks for their colour range and lasting power, naturally I had to pick up a couple to try (actually it was dear husband who hunted them down at the Boots in Heathrow Airport and bugged the clueless SA to look in the drawer for them). These normally retail at £5.49 each but ASOS.com currently has them on sale at £4.99.

#107 (left in the pic below) is a berry red while #110 is a lovely bright coral.

I like the bold red packaging which stands out in amidst the clutter of products in my bag. These have a very light scent which is not detectable when applied. The only slight irritant is the mystery of the missing shade numbers. In the UK, the five shades released are #101, #107, #110, #111 and #113, which makes me wonder if there are other shades released elsewhere. (Edited to add: See more swatches on this Dutch blog which mentioned that #105 and #112 are available in the Netherlands.)

The matte texture wears comfortably for more than four hours without looking too dull or flat. It lasts quite well through drinks but a touch-up is required after a meal. If you have very dry lips, it helps to prep the lips by applying some lip balm first. These are extremely pigmented so it helps to apply these with a lip brush instead of swiping them on straight from the tube.

Another way I apply these is to dab some on the upper lip, press my lips together to transfer the colour to the lower lip and then use my fingertip to even it out. This gives it a more natural look, as shown in the pic below with #107.


My well-loved Kate lipstick wardrobe is all I need for any occasion and mood.

9 comments:

Fiona said...

You have a very smooth lips. Matte lipstick doesn't look good on my lips lol

Lovely lipstick shades :)

Moni said...

Loving the shades! after all those Rimmel posts you are making me wan to try some of those! what alluring reds!

Looking great on you, very smooth lips you got!!

Also you accumulated a nice collection meanwhile!

Haru said...

The Rimmel lipsticks are so affordable, I can't help wanting to haul all of them! Do give it a try if you get the chance. ASOS offers free international shipping, if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru!

I found out that there are shades 102 and 112 in the UAE. I do wish that Rimmel would release the all the same shades everywhere!

http://www.simonelovesmakeup.com/2012/10/rimmel-lasting-finish-matte-lipstick-by-kate-moss.html

Haru said...

Thanks so much for the tip! Will check it out :)

Lynn said...

Your lips look really good with the Kate lipsticks! You wear bold colours well :D

Phoebe said...

Hi Haru,

I've been following your blog for years, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for your wonderful posts, pics, and swatches! After reading about the Rimmel lipsticks on your blog, I went out to purchase 4 of them in one go and couldn't be happier :) Just to let you know: there's also a shade 105 in the Netherlands.

The shades you've picked look awesome on you!

Haru said...

hi Phoebe,
Wow, your comment literally just made my day! Thank you for reading the blog all these years and I'm glad you like the Rimmel lipsticks! I feel like I need to travel more just to collect these :-)

evremedusa said...

I loved them, they look so nice!! Curious :))