Thursday 25 October 2012

Lancome Beauty Box

One of my earliest makeup memories is watching my mother purchase an Elizabeth Arden blockbuster set during our first family holiday in the US. It served her well as she used that set for years and years. When done right, they make the best gifts. At Globus department store, I came across this delightful Lancome Beauty Box which featured a glittering gold case filled with the brand's bestsellers.


This set was retailing at CHF99.90 (S$130) but I was able to get a 10% discount with the carpark coupon. It was worthwhile for me as virtually every product in the set is something that I will use or have used before.

Lancome is actually releasing different versions of this set in several countries. The pic below shows the set that is available in Japan for 18,900yen (S$289), which also includes a set of brushes, Tresor in Love perfume and UV Expert BB cream. This set will also be available in Singapore at a much more reasonable price of S$105 starting 1 November, but one has to make a S$120 purchase in order to be able to buy the set. (See Joey'space for more information on the holiday collection launch in Singapore.)

What drew me to the Beauty Box was the inclusion of the Color Design Eye Brightening All-in-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette #103 Golden Frenzy, which is made in Canada. The Color Design palettes are sold only in the US and Canada, and are not available normally in Europe or Asia. Golden Frenzy is part of the permanent line in the US, but for this Beauty Box, the palette has a golden lid.

The palette included in the set for Japan and Singapore is also named Golden Frenzy but it looks like the Ombre Absolue Impact 3D version which is made in Japan (the layout is similar to Color Design but the size of the pans is slightly different). Ombre Absolue usually retails for S$90 in Singapore while the Color Design palettes are US$49 in the US.

The set comes with a booklet showing three looks: Doll Look, Golden Look and Star Look.

Also included is a full-size Blush Subtil 02 Rose Sable (6g).

Skincare samples of Genefique, Genefique Eyes, Visionnaire and a 125ml bottle of BiFacil, plus Teint Miracle in shade 03 (5ml).

Color Fever Gloss #321, L'Absolue Nu #302 and L'Absolue Rouge #132.

Mascaras in Hypnose, Hypnose Doll Eyes and Hynose Drama. The set for Singapore includes a full size Hypnose Doll Eyes instead.

The experience was further sweetened by the kind SA who stuffed my bag with a generous bounty of samples.

Edited to add: Event info for Lancome Singapore below.


6 comments:

Moni said...

Very Nice Haul, I'm impressed by the price. This is quite a Steal for Switzerland Standards. Also we rarely get any Coffrets.

Lovely Coffret! I believe It's sold out in Japan since they started selling it early. I'm really intrigued to get in SG :)!


Very Nice SA! that's really lot of samples!

Haru said...

Hey,
I was surprised too by the price! I find that the counters in Switzerland are more generous with samples, although they don't give them out every time I make a purchase. It wasn't the Lancome SA but the cashier at Globus who just had a huge stash at the counter that she was giving to customers who made purchases. You should check out the set in Singapore. Although I generally dislike purchase-with-purchase schemes, it's so much cheaper compared to Japan!

Jacqueline said...

What a great haul! This is such value for money!

I love the colours of the eye shadow palette, I get sucked in my gold shades. I can't wait to see your fotd.

makeupmag said...

Truly an awesome purchase, Iris! The bag is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing this in person next week. :)

Unknown said...

Hi ya sweetie,
I have purchased this amazing box today from Debenhams store here in the UK.
Basically I purchased a Lancôme perfume "LA VIE EST BELLE" at £39.99 and this amazing box at £45 and with this two purchases they gave me another box free gift.
I absolutely loveeeee itttt.

Haru said...

Wow, you scored an excellent deal there at Debenhams! Enjoy :-)