Sunday 2 August 2009

Back to normal!

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. Aside from not being particularly inspired by anything, I have been frustrated with my Blogger account acting up over the past 2 weeks with all the post formatting buttons gone. So I actually had to rely on my boyfriend in India to help me post the pictures for various blog posts.

After trawling through the Blogger help forums, I finally discovered the problem was with my internet service provider and thanks to the tips from some helpful souls, I have finally gotten my Blogger account working like normal.

Time to get back to my fall lemmings! Top of the list is Tarte Femme Fatale palette, thanks to this pic by MUA member niclyf. It retails for US$44 but you can get a 30% discount code if you sign up for the Tarte e-newsletter.


Niclyf's pics of the new Dior Night Butterfly quint and Givenchy Poetique Blues here also make them look incredibly tempting!

9 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I like that palette!

Glad to see you're back on line--I hate it when blogger acts up for no reason!

deb said...

omg the tarte palette is so nice!! how does it show on your skin? i wanted to buy it but they do not ship internationally? how do u get it? thanks, love your blog!

Haru said...

Hi deb,
I don't have the Tarte palette yet so I can't say if it shows up well. The reviews on Sephora.com are pretty good although some people complain of fall out. Tarte does not ship internationally so I'm thinking of getting a friend in the US to help me buy it.

The Misery Chick said...

Hi Haru,

I am frustrated with Blogger, too! I haven't been able to upload photos and the text formatting bar is missing as well.

I went to the Blogger forum but couldn't get any answers. :( How did you solve your problem?

The Misery Chick said...

Oh wait, blogger problem solved already. Trawled deeper into the blogger forum. :)

Btw, do you know when the Guerlain Slavic Beauty collection is hitting Singapore? It looks absolutely gorgeous!

Haru said...

Hi Maya,

Glad you managed to solve your problem with Blogger too!

I'm not sure when the Guerlain collection will launch in Singapore. I'll post about it when it does.

~raspy~ said...

Hi Haru,

How did you solve the blogger problem?? The formatting bar is missing... :(

Haru said...

Hi raspy,

Check out this thread on the Blogger help forum.
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=25f171486e03283e&hl=en

I'm using an Apple laptop with Safari browser, so what I had to do was change the proxy server setting to proxy.singnet.com.sg for proxy address and "8080" for port.

To do that, I clicked "Safara", then "Preferences", then "Advanced", then under "proxies", click "change settings", tick the "web proxy (http)" box and input "proxy.singnet.com.sg:8080" in the boxes under "FTP Proxy Server". Then click "Apply Now".

Then I went back to the Blogger "new post" page and then press: shift + command + R (press command + R first, then press shift) and then the formatting buttons came back instantly.

Good luck!

~raspy~ said...

hi haru,

thanks for ur reply! i am not using apple but from the link you gave me, i found some useful tips!! will try them later and hopefully my problem will be gone for good!

Happy National Day~! ^-^