Sunday 30 August 2009

Mooncakes!

The Mid-Autumn Festival is approaching which means mooncakes are on sale everywhere. These are usually sinful bean-paste cakes that come in a variety of flavours. If you're in Singapore, you simply must try Bakerzin's Black Sesame Truffle Mini Snowskin mooncakes (usual price $45 but in August, it's only S$28.65 for a box of 8). These are incredibly flavourful without being too sweet and has a white chocolate core that just melts in your mouth. Amazingly they don't get frozen hard even when kept in the freezer.


Think I need to get a second box!

13 comments:

evie said...

ooh..okok i shall go down to the nearest store to take a look! haha

♥akisa♥ said...

wow this looks tempting!! I hope I can find similar ones overseas.

Ann said...

this looks really yummy..

Chenni said...

oh my goodness, I have never tried anything like this. I have only had the traditional mooncake before. This looks much more delicious.

brumeux@cc said...

is it better than raffles hotel's champagne truffle?

Ying said...

wooo, it does look very delicious!

Haru said...

Hi,
I haven't tried champagne truffles before (not into alcoholic desserts) so I can't say which is better.

saintangelius said...

Eh? That's a moon cake? Are you sure? Hmm... chocolate you say... I wonder if the KL bakerzin's have them... *goes out shopping now*

Anonymous said...

Hi haru the promotion is extended till 6 Sep!

Haru said...

Thanks for the tip! That's great, I can pick up more boxes for my relatives who loved them :-)

dark nyx said...

Oh my, those sound absolutely delicious!

cushy said...

this looks yummy. i wish i'm in asia right now!

Daituf said...

That looks so good! What brand is it?