Tuesday 4 August 2009

Chanel, Maquillage, Dior Fall '09

Chanel, Maquillage, Dior and Clarins have also launched their fall collections at the local counters.

Chanel's Murano eyeshadow quad (S$83) looked incredibly pretty with a blackened emerald, a greyish green, light mint and light pink. All the shades are shimmery with good color payoff. But I rarely reach for my current collection of Chanel quads so I resisted the temptation to snap this up.


Unfortunately, I ran out of space on my hand to swatch the Maquillage fall collection. The palettes are S$69 and the lipglosses are S$39. The collection is currently on display at Isetan Scotts but I didn't see it out at Tangs Orchard yet. The palettes, in particular the two limited edition brown-themed palettes designed by Alexander Wang, are good options for ladies looking for soft basic shades that are perfect for the office.




I also saw the Dior Jazz Club display in both Isetan and Tangs but didn't swatch these. Although I've been lemming the Night Butterfly quint, I'll probably skip it as the shades are all matte, which are not really my cup of tea. The new Diorskin Nude Foundation is also available now.


I'd probably go back for the Clarins Face & Blush Duo Palette (S$65) which is a bronzer, blusher plus face powder in one nifty palette. Both the bronzer and blush are shimmery while the face powder is matte. I didn't manage to get a photo of it but here's a pic from the Voce catalog.


And finally, here's a pic of the RMK makeover area in Isetan Scotts.

2 comments:

Luna said...

I picked up 3 of the new Fall Maquillage palettes from Metro during last weekend's 20%. You're right, they're prefect for the office!

Anonymous said...

Arr... I didn't know Maquillage fall palettes are avaliable during metro 20%.. missed it... But i did grab my chanel one that u swatch. I really like it, very nice, U really not getting it? ;)