Saturday 17 April 2010

Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment (US$22.50) has quickly become my new daily staple since I picked it up at the Sephora in Honolulu. It comes in an elegant yet sturdy metal screw-top tube and has SPF15 UVA and UVB protection.


As lip balms go, this is certainly pricey but to me, it is worth every cent as it has a lovely emollient feel without being too waxy. It makes my lips instantly soft and keeps them hydrated for hours. To top it off, it has a refreshing lemony scent that lingers for quite awhile.

I also find the swivel-up stick to be much more convenient and fuss-free for applying on the go, compared to lip balms that come in a squeeze tube like Kiehls or a pot. I can slick this on in mere seconds without looking in the mirror.

The Lip Treatment gives a glossy sheen and just the barest tinge of pink to my lips. If you want a more pigmented lip balm, then I recommend Korres Lip Butter in Plum, which costs only US$10 but it comes in a pot that you have to dip your finger into so it gets a bit messier. The Fresh Lip Treatment also feels glossier and more lightweight compared to Korres Lip Butter.


The Lip Treatment is formulated without petroleum, parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes and phthalates. It contains sugar (a natural humectant and skin soother), nourishing meadowfoam seed and grape seed oils, blackcurrant oil (helps plump the lips). It has a shelf life of two years, but at the rate that I'm using it daily, my guess is that it will last me a couple of months at the most.

6 comments:

The Misery Chick said...

I almost ordered this off ebay a couple of months back. Seeing how light the tint is on your fair skin, I doubt it would show up on my NC30 skin. :(

BeautyOnTheWay said...

I love black tea mask from FRESH so much, was about to buy this lip balm too, is it not sticky at all? I hate all the sticky lip balm and lip gloss.

Haru said...

hi,
Nope, it's not sticky at all :-)

Anonymous said...

If only Sephora Singapore bring Fresh in....

Anonymous said...

Hi, is it available at local Sephora store?

Haru said...

hi,
I'm afraid it's not available at the Sephora stores in Singapore.