Sunday 22 July 2012

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Aqua Collection #24 #25 & #28 Swatches

Of the six new Armani Eyes To Kill released as part of the Aqua collection for summer, I purchased #24 Smokey Copper, #25 Rusted Gold and #28 Red Platine from Nordstrom.com.

#24 Smokey Copper is a sooty black mixed with bronzed gold. This applies as a smokey antique brown olive on me.

#25 Rusted Gold is a black mixed with paler gold reflects. This is murkier and less brown-toned compared to Smoky Copper.

#28 Red Platine is a copper gold mixed with burgundy. This looked more crumbly and messy in the pot compared to the other two.

Below are comparison swatches with the other Eyes To Kill in my collection. These swatches were 2-3 swipes each on bare skin with no primer. Compared to L'Oreal Color Infallibles, Armani Eyes To Kill tend to have a richer color payoff. For swatches of all six shades in the Aqua collection, do check out The Beauty Look Book, Front Row Beauty and Perilously Pale.




For this look, I used #24 Smokey Copper from the upper lashline to the crease, and Jill Stuart Illuminance Eyes #1 Jewel Dress. Smoky Copper applied very smoothly, building up quickly to a smooth, opaque finish with a bit of a glimmer. In the pot, it looks sparkly under a spotlight but when applied on the lids, the finish is more understated without any obvious glitter bits. Once it sets, it does not crease or smudge, which is impressive.


The other products used for this look are: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation in Fair and Lipsurgence Lip Tint in Spirited, Paul & Joe Matte Pressed Powder, Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer 51, Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes in Blackest Black, K-Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow 02, MAC Fly-by-Blu Pearlglide Eyeliner and Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX03 Akanemizu.

For applying the Eyes To Kill, I used Louise Young brush LY13, which gives precise application and is good for layering and smudging.


11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Great swatches! I have a few coming my way and your swatches just make me want them more. I love the fotd too. So which formula do you prefer? The Chanel or GA?

Haru said...

hi Jacqueline,
Thanks! I like the velvety texture of the Chanel Illusion D'Ombres, and they do have lovely shades as well but for some reason, I've been buying more Armani ETK. I do plan on getting a couple of Illusion D'Ombres in the future but right now, I have way too many Color Infallibles and ETK to keep me occupied.

Anonymous said...

hi Iris,
smokey copper looks lovely on your eyes. how did you make the olive brown color appear on your lids? did you use the darkest color from the jill stuart palette or only the lighter pink-lilac colors?
cos it seems like a sooty color on other blogs but it appears nicely different on you, not too dark or blackened at all. i'm intrigued!
Eunice

Anonymous said...

hi Iris,
could you recall and comment on #27 oxidised silver if you had swatched it?
is it too red for your liking?
TIA!
Eunice

memoiselle said...

Rusted gold and Rose platine are on my lemming list. I like your swatches! The color comes out so clearly. Do you usually use primer for your eye when using ETK?

Elaine said...

Great Haul!
Thanks for the comparison swatches.
I hope you can do other looks featuring #24 and #25. :) I got #24 but not pondering if I should get 325. lol! :p

Haru said...

hi Eunice,
I did not mix the Jill Stuart colors with the Smoky Copper. The olive-toned shade is Smoky Copper by itself. It does have a blackened tint to it though. I applied the Jill Stuart shades in the crease, browbone and lower lashline. I haven't swatched #27 Oxidised Silver or seen it in person so I can't comment on it.

hi memoiselle,
I never use primer when using ETK as I find that they last well throughout a day without needing a primer.

hi Elaine,
I think #24 and #25 are very similar with just a slight difference in the tone. If you already own #24, I think you can skip #25 and save for the future ETK releases.

makeupmag said...

Lovely pix and comparisons!

Beauty Box said...

Love your FOTD...subtle and sophisticated...

These GA eyes to kill have such interesting depth to their colour.

iwantalife said...

Hi Iris, how is the Tarte foundation is working out for you? Would you be able to share how it compares to some of the other foundations that you currently like? -- HS

Haru said...

Hi,
I'm liking it so far as it gives good coverage, will try to do a detailed review soon.