Saturday 7 July 2012

Stila Rockin in Rio

After Sydney and Seoul, let's move on to Rockin in Rio, No.4 in Stila's new Collectible City Palettes. The palm tree-lined avenue with the wavy design is a depiction of Avenida Atlantica, designed by Roberto Burle Max, along Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.

This is one of my two favourites in the collection, the other being Stylish in Seoul. While it sports another humdrum satin beige shade in the centre, the overall combination is a winner.



The powder eyeshadows are Copacabana (satin pale beige), Samba (satin medium beige), Bossa Nova (shimmery light greyish brown), Carnavale (shimmery greyish black) and Ipanema (shimmery midnight blue). Freesia Convertible Color is a cheerful candy pink.



These swatches were done on bare skin without any primer, usually two swipes with my fingertip. Carnavale stood out from the rest in terms of how richly pigmented it was. Ipanema required more effort to get it to show up but it has a sublime glowy finish that give it a mysterious aura. Copacabana and Samba are very similar to the beige shades in the other City palettes, so nothing really special there.

Freesia Convertible Color has good color payoff and blends effortlessly to a girlish pink on the cheeks. I don't like to use the Convertible Colors on my lips, so this is strictly just a blush for me.



Using Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a primer, I applied Copacabana over the browbone area, Ipanema from the upper lashline to the crease, Carnavale along the upper lashline and outer corners, Bossa Nova blended into and above the crease and Samba along the lower lashline.

As with the other two City palettes, the lasting power of the eyeshadows proved to be pretty good with just a tiny bit of fading and no significant creasing. There was a bit of fallout during the application process with Carnavale but it was easily cleaned up. The pop of colour added by Ipanema helps to liven up the look.

It's a combination that I could have duped with my current stash, but I still purchased it as I've been collecting palettes with the Stila girls for many years and I like to have things in sets. Rockin in Rio isn't really a must-have unless you are a Stila fan, but for me, it's definitely a keeper!

4 comments:

Kas said...

Love the colour of Freesia - really pretty!

milktea said...

This is a really nice palette! I hope I can get hold of it!
Look at those neutrals for e/s, and the quality of the pigmentation looks pretty good! :) May I know where you bought this?

Haru said...

hi milktea,
I purchased the Stila palette on Beauty.com and had it shipped to Switzerland through MyUS.com. MyUS.com gives you a Florida address, helps to consolidate packages and ships via DHL or FedEx.

milktea said...

Thanks, Haru! :)