Sunday 8 July 2012

Stila Lovely in London

With the Olympics just mere days away, it's no surprise that the Stila girl on the Lovely in London palette is decked out in sporting gear against the backdrop of the city's iconic landmarks. Like Tokyo, London is a city that I never get tired of visiting.

The shades are a staid combination of mostly matte browns paired with a peachy pink Convertible Color in Primrose.

I've never heard of this proverb but found it quite apt for a makeup palette.


The eyeshadows are Castle (matte light beige), Notting Hill (matte light chocolate), Duchess (shimmery copper brown), Tower Bridge (matte medium brown) and High Street (muddy dark brown).


These swatches were done on bare skin without primer, 2-3 swipes each with my fingertip. Castle has a surprisingly dreamy smooth texture but it pretty much disappears on my skin. It is a matte, unlike most of the light beige shades in the other Collectible City Palettes which have a soft glimmer. The preponderance of soft matte browns makes Lovely in London a work-friendly palette.



Using Too Faced Shadow Insurance as the base, I applied Notting Hill over the brow bone area, High Street along the upper lashline, Duchess in the crease, Tower Bridge along the lower lashline and in the outer corners of the upper lid. Duchess pulled more orange on my skin than I had anticipated. I'll definitely avoid using it across the upper lid in the crease area in the future! The eyeshadows were all easy to apply and blend over TFSI, and lasted well through the day.


Primrose Convertible Color did not work well for me on both the cheeks and lips. It's too pale to show up on my cheeks while on the lips, it looked too washed out for my liking. It also seemed to emphasise the dryness of my lips so I wiped it off right after taking these pics.

Overall, I doubt that I'll be reaching for Lovely in London very often, as it's a bit too boring for my tastes.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Of all the palettes, I like this one best, it looks so pigmented. I love it on your eyes.

Haru said...

Thanks Jacqueline! I got a bit of a shock when I saw how my camera picked up the orange tones in Duchess, but I think the rest of the shades are very wearable.

Ti_Amo said...

I think Primrose looks great on your lips! Sorry it didn't work out, but the shadows look great too.