Wednesday 23 September 2009

Tarte Holiday '09

The ladies at Tarte have outdone themselves again with this year's holiday sets. Their blockbuster all-in-one palette is back with 32 new eyeshadows (16 matte and 16 shimmery shades), double the number in the past two years' palettes. The Treasure Chest (US$52) also includes 6 new lipglosses, the best-selling Park Ave Princess mineral powder bronzer, a new shimmering highlighter, and four new powder blushes. Another bonus is that the palette is made without any parabens, petro-chemicals, phthalates, sulfates, GMOs or triclosans. It is also free of preservatives, gluten, talc, glycols, MEA/DEA/TEA, and formaldehyde donors. However, the preservative-free claim makes me wonder how long this palette will last. I have been very happy with the holiday palettes from the past two years so I'm looking forward to getting this as well.


The Three Carats Mini Cheekstain Set (US$25) contains three brand new shades: Brilliant (shimmering champagne), Princess (shimmering rose), and Cushion (shimmering deep apricot). Sounds delectable but these have not worked that well for me (especially in Singapore's hot and humid weather) so I'll probably be passing on these. During my recent house moving, I decided to throw out most of my Tarte cheek stains as they were quite a few years old and leaking/sweating all over the place.


The Crown Jewels set (US$39) of 15 mini lipglosses looks tempting but it works out to be about S$60 not including tax, which is still somewhat pricey.


Time to arrange a CP for the Treasure Chest!

8 comments:

Alex said...

From the looks of the picture, treasure chest definitely looks good to me aka value-for-money. lol

And i've always been wanting to request to trade link with you. I've already link you up, hope you can link me too (at your convenience of course) x.x

xp
Alex

saintangelius said...

Now that is a palette worth having. It's got everything. Packing make up for work travels would be so easy with this o.o *starts dreaming of the possibilities*

Catherine said...

Wow, I've always skipped Tarte's holiday palettes in the past, but the Treasure Chest looks amazing!

kuri said...

That Treasure Chest is fantastic! But yeah, the lack of preservatives makes me worry about how long the cosmetics will last. And it's so big that it would definitely take a while to use up. Still, it might make a good gift for a friend of mine though.

The lipglosses look so cute that I'm tempted to buy them and give them out as gifts...

Anonymous said...

the lipgloss set is actually 15 lipglosses in total for $39, so it works out to a little over 2$ per lipgloss. I personally think it's a fabulous deal!

Keep up the awsome job with the blog!!! love it!

Haru said...

Oops, I mis-calculated it when I was converting it from US dollars to Singapore dollars. I thought it was still an expensive set in terms of Singapore dollars, as it would be close to S$70 or more after including sales tax and shipping.

Hazel said...

Hi Haru, I read on Sephora that a couple of girls received their sets all shattered. How did Sephora pack yours? Thanks.

Haru said...

Hi,
My Tarte Treasure Chest came in a small box and the box was stuffed with scrunched up paper to protect the palette. I received it in perfect condition.