Monday 7 September 2009

Nonno x Tsumori Chisato

I picked up the latest issue of Nonno ($17) at Kinokuniya this evening, primarily for the Tsumori Chisato drum-shaped shoulder bag with a cute starburst floral print.



Measuring 35cm in length, this is supposed to be Nonno's largest freebie ever. The bag is made of polyester with a PVC coating. It would have been much nicer if it could have been in nylon like LeSportsac bags but I guess for the cover price, one can't ask too much. The bag does look quite nice on the outside thanks to the colorful print and shiny smooth surface but once you open it up, it looks somewhat cheap inside with the exposed edges and stitching.


Nevertheless, I quite liked it overall mostly because of the print and the exterior does look and feel nice.


The only pocket is a small one on the front of the bag, just big enough to fit a cardholder.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can I ask you what's the material of this bag? Maybe planning to get it.Thanks

Haru said...

Hi,

I already mentioned it in my original post. The bag is made of polyester with a PVC coating.

Anonymous said...

I saw this last Sunday too but didn't bother to pick it up. If it is something from LeSportsac, I may consider

Whitepiano555 said...

^_^ this bag looks really nice. but can it hold heavy stuff?

Anonymous said...

Great pic! I've picked this up on Monday too! I love TC design, this print is especially fun and whimsical, I also like the cat print dress featured in the magazine. I hope TC will have more of such fun design. :) I'm looking forward to Cath Kitson mook, I love her floral print but her original bags are rather expensive and heavy.

Aya :)

kuri♥ayu said...

It's a cute bag. I wish there were an easier way for me to pick up some of these magazines. I love all the gifts.

Haru said...

Hi Kuri,
Perhaps you can check with Japanese bookstores in the US, like Kinokuniya if they do phone orders?

Hi PinkyKathy,

Looking at the stitching, I would say best not to overload the bag with too many heavy items. Inside the bag, the edges are all exposed so the various pieces are basically sewn together with only a couple layers of stitching.

lilian said...

Hi Iris,

If you are a Hello Kitty fan, you can check out the Oct issue of Ray, the GWP is a maybelline x HK MU pouch :D

Pics:
http://blog-imgs-18-origin.fc2.com/c/e/l/celebritymag/Hello_Kitty7716.jpg

http://blog-imgs-18-origin.fc2.com/c/e/l/celebritymag/Hello_Kitty7718.jpg

Eka said...

Thank you for reviewing magazines w/ GWP. I always love reading your entries about them. I look forward to more. :)

Alex said...

Japanese magazines with freebies are awesome, i enjoy your blog so much, thank you for the post!

j0s1e267 said...

Hi Iris! I love Tsumori Chisato! May I know what is the issue no. of this Nonno? Thanks! :)

makeupmag said...

Thanks so much for your message, dear! Sorry, I forgot to reply; was swamped that day.

Haru said...

Hi,
It's volume #18 :-)

j0s1e267 said...

Thanks a bunch Iris!

Anonymous said...

Did you buy this in Singapore's kinokuniya??

Haru said...

I bought it at the Ngee Ann City store.

Anonymous said...

Do you think there is anymore stock left in Takashimaya today??

Haru said...

You can call Kino directly to ask if they still have it. The number can be found on their website.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! by the way i've subscribed to your site! (: