Monday 5 July 2010

L'Occitane Peony Lip Balm & Lip Gloss

Passed by the L'Occitane store in Ngee Ann City earlier this evening and couldn't resist going in to check out the new Peony collection thanks to the gorgeous window display :-)


I ended up purchasing the Lip Balm (S$25, 15ml) and the Liquid Shine Lip Color in Rigolotte/Cheeky (S$26, 8ml). Both contain softening peony extract and have a sweet floral scent.

Rigolotte is a deep raspberry red inspired by the "eccentric" Rigolotte peony which has hundreds of twisted red and yellow petals. The Liquid Shine Lip Color also comes in three other lighter pink shades, all of which have the same delicate shimmer. Too bad I still have several lipglosses to use up otherwise I would have snagged all four shades!


The lip balm has very fine pink and golden shimmer in a translucent pinkish white base. The tube is virtually identical to Lancome's Juicy Tubes.


The special paper bag designed for this collection was a lovely collage of peony flowers. Definitely a keeper!

4 comments:

karen said...

Hi Haru,

did you check out how much was the perfume? all their packaging looks irresistible! :p

The Misery Chick said...

I got the lip balm last week! After reading about it on your blog. :)

It's a little sticky for a lip balm but strangely enough, it moisturises quite well.

Don't you find that the lip balm and the gloss taste a bit sweet? Or maybe it is just me.

Haru said...

hi Karen,
I think the perfume (large size) was S$74 and the smaller size with the roller ball was S$44. The perfume is also available at Changi Airport dutyfree but not sure of the price there as the staff was still arranging the shelf display when I passed by on Sunday.

hi Maya,
I haven't tried out the lip balm and lip gloss yet but will review here after I've done so.

galpal.hi said...

That certainly is a gorgeous window display! I missed out on the Peony Collection while it was here in Hawaii. I was really disappointed but I just couldn't get away from work at that time. I'm looking forward to your reivews.

*Kat*