Tuesday 20 July 2010

Topshop Blush

Dropped by Topshop at Ion Orchard earlier this week to check out the blushes, which have been restocked. There are 6 shades available, each retailing for S$13. Considering that these are manufactured in Italy, I would say they are quite a steal! Each contains 4g of product, compared to 6g for MAC's Blushcreme (US$18.50).

I picked up Neon Rose and Crushed Berry. The cream blushes apply without any greasiness and dry quickly to a smooth powder finish. They are super easy to blend with the fingertips for a natural hint of colour. Just dot three small dots on the apples of your cheeks and blend. The colour payoff is good and can be layered for greater intensity but personally, I prefer a more sheer finish as I don't like my blush to be too obvious and overdone.

Although I'm not a fan of the polka dots on the case, I find the lightweight slim case to be very convenient, especially for touch ups on the go as there is a mirror under the lip.

Here's the look that I did today with Crushed Berry blush, Paul & Joe Dual Powder Foundation UV 20 and Lip Crayon Duo #5 topped with Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment, Guerlain Meteorites Butterfly Pearls, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01 and Dior Cinq Couleurs #743 Coquette.

Here's the ingredients list for the Topshop blush.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

You look great with intense red lips Iris!

Karen said...

Hi Haru, I pop by Topshop last friday but it was still not in stock :(
The shades look very bright and striking for a blush. Can you do a swatch for the 2 colors?

Haru said...

hi Michelle,
Thanks!

Hi Karen,
I bought these at Topshop on Monday of this week, so probably they just restocked.

Ser said...

i really love the red lips! oh do share how to carry off such looks!! i am 22 this year and have been itching to go for the mysterious red lip look but always either end up looking like prom-makeup-gone-wrong or a hooker wannabe.
:(:(
I AM NOT A HOOKER!!! ahhhhh!!!! :(:(

galpal.hi said...

That is a beautiful look with the blush. I love the way you have it on so sheer. It's a great color.

*Kat*

Haru said...

hi Ser,

For mysterious red lips, I would recommend looking for a deep red (rather than orange red) lipstick that suits your skintone. As the lips are so dramatic, also go easy on the rest of the makeup on the cheeks and eyes as you want the attention to be on the lips. For example, the eyes could just be simply defined with some light/neutral eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. Using a lipliner also helps to make the shape more elegant and refined.

hi Kat,
thanks!

Jasmine said...

Hi Haru, do you find cream blusher suitable for oily skin? Or do you think powder blusher is still more suitable? I've never tried cream blusher before though I'd love to.

Haru said...

hi Jasmine,
I find the cream blusher to be ok for oily skin although with oily skin, staying power may be a bit of a problem. On me, the cream blusher lasts for about 5 hours and at the end of an 8-hour work day, I can hardly see any left.