Thursday 1 July 2010

NARS Babe Lipgloss

NARS Babe Lip Gloss is my first foray into the NARS line of lipglosses. This retails for US$24 (for 0.28oz) normally but I picked it up for a couple of dollars cheaper at the JKF Airport Terminal 7 dutyfree on a recent trip.

The doefoot applicator, which is similar to MAC Lipglass, makes application a breeze. Babe is a clear glossy orange coral with no shimmer or glitter bits. The shade is quite pigmented so if you want just a hint of colour, just apply one coat to the lower lip, press your lips together and then use the doefoot applicator to smoothen the gloss out. For the pic below, I applied two coats to get a nice bright coral.

It's perfect for those blazing hot summer days when you don't feel like wearing a full face of makeup but still want some colour to brighten up your face. The lipgloss is unscented and not sticky but it's also not particularly longlasting and doesn't last more than 2-3 hours or through a meal. I also did not find it to be particularly moisturising as my lips felt slightly dry after it had worn off.

Temptalia has great swatches of virtually the whole NARS lipgloss line.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

I love this color on you! So fresh and bright! =D I didn´t like the few NARS glosses I used to own... I felt that they were drying and started to clump up after some time but that was over 5 years ago so not sure if the formula stayed the same =)

Haru said...

Thanks, Kathi dear! I'm back to wearing my Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment to try to get my lips to stop peeling (the weather is so dry over here in Delhi!). I don't know if NARS has changed their lipgloss formula, but they do seem to have quite a range of textures in their lipgloss line with some being more metallic or shimmery.

Alyona said...

you are such a suitable color scheme. freshness)

Nail Accessories said...

This is one of my favorite lip gloss color. It looks good to you.
Adorable post!