Sunday 11 July 2010

UK Haul of Lush, Soap and Glory and Cath Kidston

My mother just returned from the UK, where she spent the past three months in Reading visiting with my brother. And she brought me tons of goodies!

The July issue of UK Glamour came with a full-size Benefit makeup product. This issue, which costs just £2, was promptly sold out virtually everywhere but my sister-on-law managed to track down two copies of it for me in London. I got the It Stick concealer and Eye Bright (eye illuminator).

I've been wanting to try Soap & Glory after reading about it on Musings of A Muse. My mom helped me to get these from Boots: Soap & Glory Soaper Heroes (£12), Scent-Sationalism (£8), the Fab Pore 15 Minute Facial Peel 50ml (£5.49) and No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask (£7.99). Although Soap & Glory is available on ASOS.com (which by the way is currently having a huge summer sale), ASOS ships Soap & Glory products to UK only.

The Scent-Sationalism set is a trio of 100ml body sprays in Girligo, Mist You Madly, and Glam-a-lot.

The Soaper Heroes set includes travel sizes of the Girligo Scented Moisturising Mist, the Righteous Butter Body Butter, Flake Away Body Scrub, Clean On Me Skin Softening Shower Gel and Hair Supply Hair Repair Mask. Everything smells lovely without being generic!

From Lush, I got the brand new Summer Pudding soap, 9 to 5 Cleanser (£3.95), Stepping Stone foot scrub (£2.75), Rub Rub Rub shower gel (£6.25), Happy Hippy Shower Gel (£5.50), Dream Wash (£8.60), Almond & Coconout Smoothie (£7.30), American Cream hair conditioner 100g (£3.80) and Retread hair conditioner (£8.60).

Am a very happy gal now :-) And terribly exhausted after spending today and yesterday cleaning the apartment from top to bottom, plus ironing a massive pile of clothes accumulated over the past couple of months. But it was all worth it.

I'll do a separate post on the Cath Kidston stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice stuff she brought home, so nice :)

Tash said...

Ohh your mom was visiting Reading, that's pretty cool. I go there a lot, as my boyfriend lives there :) I love all your Cath Kidson stuff. I actually quite like the blue one that you think looks grandmother-esque lol ^_^

shopaholic said...

wow, the glamour mag is a steal..... fabulous haul, thanks to a fabulous mom of yours!

Haru said...

hi Puranki,
Yup, it was one fabulous haul :-)

Hi Tash,
What a coincidence! My brother has lived in Reading for almost 10 years now, so my mom visits him every now and then. I usually prefer the prints with the white background but since my mom spent so much on the bag, I'd definitely use it to make it worthwhile.

hi shopaholic,
Yup, she's an awesome mom :-)