Thursday 5 August 2010

FOTD with Blue Dahlia

Here's the look that I did today with the Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia palette.

I used the white shade on the brow bone area, the taupe shade blended into the crease and along the lower lashline, the smoky teal from the lashline to the crease and the matte black along the upper lashline and blended into the outer corner. The white shade was the only disappointment as it was incredibly sheer. Even with a few layers, all I could see was the microfine blue glimmer particles.

I was surprised by how lovely the taupe shade is when used in the crease as it added a nice depth and dimension to my lids. The teal and black shades were both well pigmented and easy to apply and blend.

The eyeshadows lasted very well through more than 12 hours of wear, with just some minimal creasing at the inner corners. I liked how the teal shade gave a fresh pop of colour to my lids.


Below are the products that I used today: Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact #12 Candy Orange, Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation, RMK Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX01, Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h 01, Paul & Joe Lipstick C 058, Testimo Eye Bright Up Base and Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara.

A reader asked me to post my favourite products but to be honest, there are just too many products that I own and love such that it's impossible for me to pick a favourite in any category. I like trying out new products too much to stay loyal to any one product for a long time and I try to rotate through the brands in my collection at least weekly. Hence, it's been a very long time since I re-purchased anything! I also don't believe in telling my readers 'you NEED this' because makeup products, like skincare, is very subjective. What works for me may not necessarily work for you. You should purchase what you like and what works well for your skintone and type. It does take some experimenting to find out what is suitable for you but that's the whole fun of playing with makeup!

6 comments:

kathyeffingjacobs said...

Ooooh, this is so lovely!

Michelle said...

THanks for the EOTD! You are smoking Iris! I expected the teal shade to be more vibrant ...

cewek said...

I've stalking my EL counter here in Adelaide but no such luck as yet. When I'd asked a SA about it, she'd said that the truck bringing the goodies over from Melbourne got burnt down. Wtf?!?

galpal.hi said...

It's a very lovely look! That palette is beautiful!

*Kat*

Paris B said...

Thanks for this! I'm definitely getting Blue Dahlia now :D

chocfull said...

Is your Top from Topshop? Looks like the one I got there sometime back. Love your eye look. OT you have an amazing Jill Stuart collection. It was very useful for me when I was zooming in to get their blush.