Thursday 19 August 2010

Shattered...

Makeup heartbreak happens in a lightning flash when one is not careful. In my usual morning rush, my new Body Shop Autumn Leaves Compact #2 Berry fell face down on the floor this morning.

Fortunately the lid was shut, and so all the powder was contained. It was interesting how the powder broke almost perfectly around each of the maple leaves. The powder is actually very soft. Just picking up the pieces gently by the edges tends to mush the sides.

I pondered briefly about getting a backup but finally decided against it since it will take me forever just to use up this one. Anyway, I still have #1 Chestnut, which I'll be extra careful with from now on.

6 comments:

makeupmag said...

Aww! I thought you were going to write about Urban Decay Shattered eyeshadow...then I saw that you hadn't written the brand name.

I'm sorry the face powder cracked but at least it can still be used in this form; it'd still work beautifully with a skunk or powder brush. :)

galpal.hi said...

Oh that's really unfortunate! However as you said, it did break up quite nicely around the maple leaves. I really dislike it when I drop something and it shatters but it's really sad when it happens to something new.

*Kat*

.blushfully. said...

Awww, it could have been worse!! >< So sad that it shattered!!! But it should still be useable~ =)

Georgina said...

i think its so cute that the maple leaves are still intact. hehe. good thing the lid was closed! *whew!* :D

miRaCLe said...

ouchh! :((
i read somewhere about pressing them back tgt using some alcohol spray!
xoxo

ning xin said...

I think the maple leaves are pressed harder than the rest of the compact, which explains why the rest of the compact too most of the impact. (: