Saturday 14 August 2010

Guerlain Écrin 6 Couleurs

While shopping at Tangs Orchard with Mag on Friday evening, I was surprised to see the new Guerlain Écrin 6 Couleurs palettes on display! The SA said that they had just arrived that very day.

The Écrin 6 Couleurs have been receiving glowing reviews on various beauty blogs for their incredibly silky texture and good colour payoff. They are also the most elegantly designed and luxurious palettes that I have seen in a long time. Although there are supposed to be five palettes, the Tangs counter had only received four, with the 29 Rue de Sevres palette missing. The palettes are named after the addresses of the Guerlain stores in Paris.

For swatches of the palettes, there's no better resource than the ever reliable Karlasugar.

The palettes retail for US$84 in the US. In Singapore, the price is S$118 but the Tangs Orchard counter is currently having a promotion until 19 August whereby if you purchase two products, you can pick a third product for free! So Mag and I decided to purchase three of these gorgeous lovelies and split the cost :-) She got the 2 Place Vendome and 68 Champs Elysees (I think) while I picked the 93 Rue de Passy. Factoring in the Tangs Citibank 10% rebate, we paid just S$72 for each palette.

The metal palettes feel luxuriously heavy and expensive. I love the filigree cutout detail on the lid.

Under the metal lid, there is a black plastic lid covering the eyeshadows that flips out sideways. There is a mirror on the under side of the plastic lid. Each palette comes with a double-ended brush applicator.

All the palettes feature mainly classic neutrals, with a metallic shade in the centre. It would have been nice to see a wider diversity of shades but perhaps in the future, Guerlain will release more colourful palettes.

Each palette contains eyeshadows in three different textures: iridescent with mother-of-pearl micro particles for a subtly metallic finish, skin-effect matt finish and satiny.


The GWP details for the Tangs counter are in the pic below.

The Guerlain counter at Takashimaya is holding a makeover event in conjunction with the launch of this collection. Click on the pic below for the details.

7 comments:

leechie said...

nice to cya at tangs juz nw =)

Sabrina said...

*GASP* you have my heart fluttering. I swore I wouldn't cave. But each post I see on these makes me want one even more.

Love your photography reveal of the palette. That combined with my morning coffee is making my heart pound even faster, lol.

Anonymous said...

Will the missing palatte be coming in later?? That's my favourite palatte of the lot!

Haru said...

hi,
The SA did not have any info yet on whether the missing palette will be brought in.

Ling said...

Hi Haru
May I know what's the name of the Guerlain SA who served you? thanks :)

I tend to meet the rude one :(

Haru said...

hi Ling,
Sorry, I didn't get her name. She was quite nice, looked like she was in her 20s or early 30s. Actually all the SAs that I've met at the Tangs Orchard counter have been quite friendly.

Sami said...

gosh these do look devine!