Sunday 1 August 2010

Skin79 Diamond Prestige Beblesh Balm

Being an avid foundation junkie, I was curious to see how the Skin79 Prestige Beblesh Balm from the Diamond Collection performs compared to the Super Plus and VIP Gold Beblesh Balms. The Prestige Beblesh Balm retails for S$39.90, slightly more expensive than Super Plus and VIP Gold which are S$36.90 each.

Like the VIP Gold and Super Plus Beblesh Balms, the Prestige Beblesh Balm is touted as having three functions: wrinkle improvement, skin whitening and sun protection (SPF25 PA+). The Prestige differs from VIP Gold and Super Plus in terms of the ingredients, namely the Diamond Powder and Jewel Complex Powder which are supposed to make skin more radiant.


The packaging of the Prestige Beblesh Balm is more elegant compared to VIP Gold and Super Plus. I also like the fact that the nozzle is covered by the plastic cap, unlike for the VIP Gold and Super Plus Beblesh Balms where there is no cover or cap. All three Beblesh Balms have a net weight of 40g, so you are getting quite a lot of product.


The Prestige Beblesh Balm comes in only one shade, which is a light neutral beige that looks to be around MAC NC25. It does not have any grey or ashy tones. I found the texture to be lighter and less thick/creamy than the VIP Gold and Super Plus Beblesh Creams. It is very easy to apply and blend without any cakiness. I usually warm up the foundation first in my palm by mushing it about with my third finger for five seconds and then dotting it on and blending. In terms of coverage, it helps to cover up most of my pores without pooling in them but I still need a separate concealer for my under eye dark circles.

The finish was semi-matte without looking too dry or flat. There are no micro-sparkles like Revlon PhotoReady. The oil control was pretty good and I had a light oily sheen on my T-zone after about three hours. Of the three Skin79 Beblesh Balms that I have tried, I think VIP Gold still provides the best oil control but some ladies may not like the slightly thicker texture of VIP Gold. I don't really have a favourite among the three at this point as all three look natural on me with good coverage and oil control.

On the eyes, I used Dior Cinq Couleurs #129 Pearl Lilac over Testimo Eye Bright Up Base, Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells Mascara, Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner VI606 and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h.

5 comments:

birkinbagbeauty said...

Thank you for your review.
I honestly like to say that your skin looks really beautiful with the Skin79 diamond prestige in a natural way. I prefer thinner textures in BB creams, and your description of a BB cream without those ashy tones sounds good to me. Mmm, another wishlist item.

HarumiPq said...

Hmm in one of the episodes of 女人我最大taiwan beauty show they actually introduced the Skin79 Diamond as one of the foundation for a light natural make up look. Looks good! Aww... tempted to buy...

MaquiLab said...

Hi! I and a friend of mine are making a new beauty blog, and we added your page in the 'favourite net places' on the it. If you have any objections, let us know and we'll remove the link. We'll be very happy if you visit us:)
Eli, maquilab.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, great design, nice ideas and posts. I like them!

Anonymous said...

I really like your posts and the way you express your opinion. I will add you to my favorites in order to read more on this topic.