Monday 15 November 2010

Jill Stuart Cafe in Osaka Daimaru

While in Osaka recently, I got to visit the Jill Stuart Cafe located in Level B1 of Daimaru department store in Shinsaibashi. The cafe is in the young women's department known as "Ufufu Girls" in the North building.

The decor is quite simple with most of the tables facing the fashion shops around the floor.

The cafe has its own line of merchandise like mugs, eco-bags and even aprons!


Their new mini cupcakes come in flavours like Caramel Marron, Cassis Orange, Blue Raspberry, Chocolate Passion, Pistachio Rose and Chocolate Mint Raspberry.


I had the Caramel Nuts Latte, the mini cupcakes and a chocolate banana waffle.

The food looks cute but to be honest, it tasted mediocre! The waffle was not heated up before it was served, so it just tasted very bland. The latte was decent though.


The newsletter for the kids' clothing range.


The cafe is a cute concept but they really need to improve on the food. I would not go out of my way just to visit this cafe. You can see more pics of it on the Ufufu Girls website.

3 comments:

Lynn.TrinketsLove said...

O gosh, Haru!! My heart skipped a beat when I saw your post of JS cafe visit! I have been wanting to visit it but no chance to go Japan since its opening. I even thought of just taking the Shingansei to Osaka to visit the cafe if I go Tokyo next Jan! I think it will be a good experience for JS fans even the desserts are mediocre! :)

Haru said...

Hi Lynn,

The Jill Stuart Cafe is really not worth taking the shinkansen from Tokyo to Osaka for! Especially since the shinkansen ticket would cost you more than S$100. But if you intending to visit Osaka/Kyoto anyway, then it is worth checking out if you are a Jill Stuart fan.

Wendy said...

If there was a cafe in Tokyo, I would surely have visited it. Too bad the food is so-so. Looks cute though!