Saturday 27 November 2010

Skin79 Petite Princesses

I received the pair of Skin79 "Petite Princesses" Beblesh Balms from the Diamond collection earlier this week to try out. As mentioned in my earlier post, they are currently available exclusively at the Watsons Week at the Tampines Mall Atrium Sale from 29 November to 5 December. They are slated for release in Watsons stores island-wide come January.

These are 15g in size and retail for S$23.90 each. The Diamond Prestige BB Cream (in the light pink tube) usually retails at S$39.90 for 40g. The Petite Princesses do work out to be slightly more expensive per unit, but they are much more convenient for travel or for trying out the BB Cream without investing in a full size. The tube is quite lightweight with the only minor drawback being that the nozzle is not covered. The pump is quite easy to control such that it dispenses only the desired amount.

I've already reviewed the Diamond Prestige BB Cream so I'll focus on the new Absolute Total BB Cream SPF37 PA+++ in this review.

The Absolute Total BB Cream is supposed to be suitable for all skin types and performs ten functions: whitens, improves wrinkles, fends off UV damage and pollution, nourishes skin, hydrates, builds resilience, controls sebum and acts as a makeup base and foundation.

Like the Diamond Prestige BB Cream, the Absolute Total BB Cream contains Diamond Powder and a Blooming Jewel Complex consisting of five jewel elements for added radiance. It also provides higher sun protection levels of SPF37 and PA+++ compared to the Prestige, VIP Gold and Super Plus BB Creams which have SPF25 and PA++.

The Absolute Total BB Cream is supposed to provide sheer coverage with a radiant finish. The light beige shade matched my MAC NC25 skintone quite well.

Overall, I found it quite easy to apply and blend. The texture feels quite creamy, similar to the Super Plus and VIP Gold, and helps to even out my skintone but the finish is more sheer than VIP Gold. In terms of oil control, it was not bad and I only needed to blot about every 2 hours.

Skin79's line of BB Creams can be quite overwhelming due to the sheer number of choices. The Watsons at Ngee Ann City has a Skin79 display with testers for all the products so that's a good place to try them out before deciding which one to purchase.

For this look, I'm wearing Dior 5 Couleurs Iridescent 09 Sky Glow and Rouge Dior 752 Red Premiere, that I picked up at the Dior sale. I was worried that this quint might turn out to be too bland but I was pleasantly surprised by the richness of the shades!

Here's the ingredients list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi iris, do you feel like bb cream is too heavy for your oily skin? i have combi skin (more to oily) and i feel like i have to blot every other hour when i use a bb cream, even if i top it up with a powder! --h.

Haru said...

hi,
The thick texture of the BB Creams does take some getting used to, but I only apply a sheer layer. With the Skin79 BB Creams, I find that the oil control is actually pretty good and better than some other liquid/powder foundations that I've tried. With the VIP Gold BB Cream, I only had a slight shine on my T-zone area after about 3 hours whereas with some liquid foundations, my T-zone is oily after just an hour. I also always set the BB Cream with a loose powder.