Tuesday 16 November 2010

Paul & Joe Eye & Lip Color Set 002 Allegro

When I first saw pics of the Paul & Joe Eye & Lip Color sets online, the eye colors encased in the paper sheets looked bland, puny and flimsy. Fortunately, they turned out to be much more attractive in real life. Below are four of the five eye colors in the Set 002 Allegro.

As you can see, there is a rich shimmery intensity to these shades. The net weight of the eyeshadows is not stated but each sheet seems to have quite a good amount of product pressed onto it. The paper sheet underneath the eyeshadows did not appear after just one application. Instead, it looked like my brush merely grazed the surface of the eyeshadow powder.

The resealable sheet packaging has a novelty factor but it is certainly not the sturdiest. I would have preferred a small plastic or metal compact with the eyeshadows pressed inside.

The eyeshadows tend to throw up a bit of loose pigments when you run your brush over them, so it's best to just touch your brush gently to the surface.

I used the Eye Gloss R from the Magie Deco holiday coffret as the base. Next, I applied the grey shade along the upper lashline and outer half of the lower lashline, the pink shade just above the outer half of the crease, the light blue shade in the crease, inner corners and along the lower lashline, and the beige shade as a wash over the browbone area.

I finished by applying Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner along the upper lashline and Visee Wide Long (Curl Impact) mascara.

The Visee mascara has become my daily staple as it holds the curl of my lashes extremely well over a whole day. The only drawback is that the waterproof formula takes quite a bit of effort to remove with either Cleansing Express Eye Makeup Remover or Lancome Bifacil.

For the rest of the look, I used Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30 PA++, Jill Stuart Loose Powder 01 Natural, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01, Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1 and Color Fever Gloss #264 Urban Beige.

The eyeshadows lasted quite well over more than 8 hours of wear with a bit of creasing at the inner corners. I'm starting to really like the Magie Deco Eye Gloss as an eyeshadow base. The Clinique BB Cream, on the other hand, is not working out well for me after having tried it out more than five times but I'll review it separately.


Here's a close-up of the Face Color C 001. The cotton puffball applicator is a tad gimmicky and not the easiest to control so I still prefer to use a brush to apply this. The blush powder balls have pretty good colour payoff without any frostiness. Like Guerlain Meteorites, I expect these to take pretty much forever to use up!

6 comments:

Blovet Beauty said...

eyeshadow is really pretty!

Jolyn said...

Hi Haru

I loved your review of the P&J sets! I just ordered the Paper Moon/Over The Moon on ASOS.com cos' I missed out on the L/E sets here in SG! :(

Contemplating if I should get the new set cos' my previous Disney pink balls are still intact! May I ask if there is a difference between the colors of both? >_>

Thanks Haru, it has always been a pleasure reading your blog!

Jolyn

Haru said...

hi,
The Face Color C001 has pink, light pink, pale gold and white balls whereas the previous Disney pink balls are all pink toned. But when applied, the two do look quite similar. The Disney pink balls are also 25g, compared to the Face Color C001 which is only 15g. So if you already have the Disney pink balls, you probably don't need the Face Color C001 unless you really like it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm pretty interested in the Clinique BB Cream... please review soon. Is a pity to hear that it didn't work well. Would u have the ingredient list? thanks in advance.

Sun

Haru said...

hi Sun,

Just posted the review of the Clinique BB Cream including the ingredients list. Hope that helps!

kas said...

You know, the more I look at the balls, the more I think they're pretty and the more I want them :P *bad kas, bad kas*