Saturday 23 April 2011

Majolica Majorca Pressed Pore Cover

A few weeks ago, Watsons was having a rare 25% discount on Majolica Majorca so I took advantage of it to pick up the Pressed Pore Cover in the limited edition mint case from the Sugary Trap spring collection.

The Pressed Pore Cover usually retails at around S$33 for 10g (inclusive of the case). The mint case is much prettier than the regular black case in the permanent range and has already sold out at the Watsons stores that I frequent. I'm not sure if the refillable case fits foundation pans by other Shiseido brands like Maquillage but it probably does.

The Press Pore Cover is formulated with three types of powders that are supposed to help conceal pores and imperfections while absorbing excess sebum for a "smooth and fluffy soft finish".

The powder feels quite silky and finely-milled. When applied, it is mostly translucent but it does give the skin a slightly whitish cast, so I'm not sure if this is suitable for more tanned skintones. In terms of oil control and concealing the pores, it wasn't that impressive and I still much prefer the Ettusais Quick Fix Powder which looks more natural and provides better coverage. I'll still keep using the Pressed Pore Cover for touch ups in the middle of the day but I wouldn't repurchase it.

Lotus Palace has also reviewed the Pressed Pore Cover and she didn't like it as much as its predecessor, Powder Fantasia. I don't have the ingredients list in English. The first two ingredient listed are talc and mica. It also contains zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, tocopherol, silica and citric acide\.

The included sponge works in a pinch but the design is too rudimentary as it doesn't have a ribbon strip to help hold it. Instead, I prefer to use the Hourglass Retractable Foundation Brush (S$61 in Sephora Singapore; US$42 in the US) to apply the powder.

The sliding inner cap helps to ensure that the bristles are not caught by the external cap. The sleek lightweight brush is very convenient for touch ups on the go.

The cruelty-free synthetic takelon bristles feel luxuriously soft against the skin and have just the right density for applying face powder. After three days of usage, I did get one bristle shedding but nothing excessive. There was no shedding when I washed it.

4 comments:

jbrobeck said...

The hourglass brush looks divine! I have had my hourglass lipstick in my purse for about three weeks, I can't believe how well the packaging holds up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Iris,

Sorry for the non-related question to this post but I'm just wondering exactly do you wear the Jill Stuart Blush Blossom Dual Cheek Color? I have one but I don't really know how to apply it and it's always so messy when I tried them on. There's the blush and highlight, how do you apply them? Is it better to use the brush included with the blush or a different brush of our own? Thanks! :)

Zu

Haru said...

Hi Zu,
You can find my review of the Jill Stuart Blush Blossom by clicking on the "Jill Stuart" tag in the righthand column. I always use the includes brush as it does a good job and feels quite soft. I pick up just a tiny amount of powder by gently pressing against the net or using whatever is on the clear plastic sheet. You can also tap off the excess on the underside of the tray that flips out. Apply the blush first (right half) and then layer the shimmer on top (left half) if you want a more glowy finish. The blush is usually quite pigmented and a little goes a long way.

MaquiLab said...

Awwww, the packaging is simply gorgeous! Looks like a treasure chest!