Thursday 7 April 2011

TRESemmé Haircare at Guardian Pharmacy

TRESemmé shampoos and conditioners have just started retailing at Guardian Pharmacy stores in Singapore! What's more, if you purchase a shampoo, you can get a conditioner free. The bottles are massive at 900ml each and usually retail at S$14.90 each.

Being a fan of Project Runway, all I heard was Tim Gunn's voice in my head going, "Designers, you have one hour to take your models to the TRESemmé hair salon and L'Oreal makeup room..." I adore Tim Gunn, by the way. Such a rare, impeccable gentleman and fount of wisdom and good sense.

I purchased the Salon Silk shampoo and Moisture Rich conditioner at the Guardian Pharmacy in Ngee Ann City. The Salon Silk range is supposed to be the most intensely hydrating in the TRESemmé line-up.

Below is the ingredient list for the shampoo, which contains sulfates. I just tried it out and quite liked it! It lathers up and rinses off easily. I was able to run my fingers through the entire length of my hair without any problem while rinsing it out. The scent is quite mild.

The Moisture Rich conditioner also left my hair soft and untangled. However, both the pumps on my two bottles were not working! Despite swiveling the pump counter-clockwise several times, they just refused to pop up. (Update: I finally got both pumps to pop up after exerting a lot of strength. Thanks to the readers for the tips!)


I've only seen TRESemmé at Guardian Pharmacy so far, not sure if Watsons will carry it. Don't wait too long if you want to take advantage of the buy-one-get-one-free offer!

18 comments:

Maya said...

I love Tim Gunn. My favourite saying from him is 'MAKE IT WORK'. :)

MudpieVivi said...

I like Tim Gunn too! Understated style and elegance *swoon*

I will check out the great deal @ Guardian ASAP!

Tess said...

I have oily scalp, frizzy hair, will this work?

Haru said...

hi Tess,
The Salon Silk range is supposed to be good for dry, frizzy hair. I've only used the TResmme shampoo and conditioner once so I can't say if they can bring about any long term benefits. Perhaps you can try searching for more reviews online?

hi Maya,
Same here! I loved his book too.

hi Mudpie Vivi,
Tim Gunn is my favourite part about watching Project Runway :-)

Lynn Cia said...

I am also a fan of Project Runway show. Love Tim Gunn! Would love to try Tresemme shampoo after I am done with Tsubaki. Thks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Seem like they have increased their price. I got it when it was first launch here at Guardian for about $12.85 and now it's $14.90. The only consolation was it has a conditioner for free. I hope to try the other range from this brand as i've heard good review on this, maybe getting it soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi, will sulphate cause hairloss? I read about negative stuff about sulphate but can't quite remember.

Sun

Unknown said...

that looks like a really good deal! the free conditioner is the same size as the shampoo?

btw you'll need to get a guy to forcefully pull the pump heads out (: i've encountered that problem before too

Quinn said...

Hi! Do you prefer Tsubaki or TRESemme? I'm almost done with Tsubaki its really good yet tempted to try this!

Haru said...

hi,
yes, the free conditoner is the full 700ml size.

hi sun,
it varies according to the individual. Sulphates tend to be more stripping so some people prefer to avoid them.

Haru said...

hi Quinn,
I haven't used the TRESemme long enough to form a definitive opinion of it. I do think that the Tsubaki shampoo is slightly more moisturising though but it really depends on your hair type. My hair is quite dry as it's been dyed before so I need very moisturising shampoos. Japanese shampoos and conditioners usually work well for me.

Anonymous said...

i suspect currently all tresemme shampoo/conditioner has this pump defect that's why there's a promotion? i bought mine at tpy guardian and had the same problem too.

Karen said...

Hi.. I have bought them too.

Maybe u can try to hold the cap which is direct under the pump then turn to as stated direction. The pump will pop up after a few turns.

Hope it help u all.

Anonymous said...

I've managed to pop up the pump too after lots of tries.I've bought conditioners from this promotion.Tried the Vitamin H and Almond Salon Silk Conditioner and i like it. Thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

thanks for the heads up! went and got these too, but also found that the pumps were faulty.

but same as a couple others, i realized if you turned it really tight, then hold it down, it pops up easily! hope it helps! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, maybe this might be a bit late but I found mine not difficult to get the pump working. Just need to turn the cap tighter than we usually would and the pump will pop up after a couple of turns. Could it be a child safety feature?

Anonymous said...

Does guardian sell tresemme's volume shampoo?

Haru said...

I don't know so best to check with the store.