Thursday 16 August 2012

Essence New Products and Store Display

The Essence display in my local supermarket was overhauled yesterday with a massive slew of new products. The new Colour & Go nail polishes are CHF2.75 for 8ml, versus CHF1.95 for 5ml previously. Many of the shades look similar to the previous line-up. Some popular shades have not made the transition though, like #78 Blue Addicted, a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Across the Galaxy so do snag that quickly if you've been thinking about it.


Crackle polishes.

Colour & Change polishes.

Nail art tools.

Plastic nail rings that can be decorated with nail polish and re-used.

New base makeup including Pure Skin foundation, powder and concealer for the acne-prone, 2in1 Make-up & Powder which can be applied wet or dry, and Make-up To Match foundation which adapts to skin tones.



Fruit-flavoured Kiss Care Love Lipbalms, which are also part of the New In Town trend edition.

Colour Arts Pigments and bases.



New Quattro Eyeshadow quads #11 Sea My Day and #12 Purple Day

I picked up Colour & Go 133 Oh My Glitter!, the Glowing In The Dark Topper and Studio Nails Pro White Rosé, which is a nail whitener to help cover up yellowness. Glowing in the Dark Topper actually glows only under black light (e.g. in clubs) and not in the absence of light (disappointingly), so unless you're a club-goer, it's pretty useless.

The key improvement of the Color & Go polishes, which are made in France, is the broader brush which makes for easier application. The cap is wider and easier to hold. Oh My Glitter is a darker version of 86 A Lovely Secret, with the same violet microshimmer.


The new brush felt very similar to the Dior Vernis brush in terms of the length and thickness, with the latter having a slightly more tapered cut.

Here's a quick swatch of two coats of Oh My Glitter over one coat of Pro White Rosé. The new Colour & Go formula applies smoothly and dries in a few minutes, but I still prefer to use Dior Top Coat for a truly budgeproof, shiny finish.

6 comments:

The Lacquered Lady said...

I can't wait for these to come to the US. Apparently they are really going to expand their products available and I am very excited!

LauraLeia said...

OMGness so many new goodies! Wish the displays here could have an overhaul too. XD

Citrine said...

I just went to ULTA today and it seems beside the new polishes, we aren't getting most of the cool ones (or least not for another 6 months). On the bright side,I managed to grab a (super soft) powder brush for only 96 cents....

Kas said...

I've seen the new ones on a couple of blogs recently - I hope our shelf gets a revamp too! The new brush looks good and I like the periwinkle you chose :)I just bought a yellow (Wanna Be My Sunshine) for the fun of it.

Haru said...

hi Kas,
I love the revamped nail polish brush! Hope the new range arrives in Singapore soon!

hi Citrine,
That's so strange. Over here, they're rolling out all the new products in one go. I was wondering how the powder brush is, will check it out too!

hi Laura,
Hope the new range arrives in Malaysia soon too. It seems like the limited edition collections often don't make it to Singapore and Malaysia.

hi Lacquered Lady,
I've read reviews of the new polishes on a couple of US blogs, so hopefully they should be available near you soon.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have Essence in your country. They are such amazing high quality polishes.

Great photos.