Sunday 5 August 2012

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Recently, I received a sample bottle of YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation SPF19 PA++ at Selfridges. Inspired by their longstanding bestseller Touche Eclat highlighter, Le Teint Touch Eclat comes in an impressive 22 shades, divided into three undertones: BR for beige rose, B for neutral beige, and BD for beige d'or. Free of opaque powders, the illuminating foundation promises "dimensional radiance" and "weightless perfection", while helping to conceal imperfections to reveal a radiant, dewy and luminous complexion.

The SA matched me to B20, which turned out to be perfect. After trying it out over the past week, I'm sufficiently impressed to consider purchasing it in the future, just not right away as my current stash of foundations is already well into ridiculous territory. The light cream texture melds onto the skin effortlessly for a seamless finish without catching on dry patches. There is sufficient time for blending before it sets to a satin finish. It is also easy to layer on areas where one needs more coverage. It's more of a light to medium coverage foundation, with a separate concealer needed for the under eye areas and more prominent spots.

I also liked how it helped to conceal the appearance of my pores, without feeling suffocatingly heavy or greasy on the skin. Instead of looking like heavy mask-like makeup, it simply helps your skin to look better, more even-toned and healthier. Dewy foundations often turn my skin into a shiny oil rig, but this held up pretty well surprisingly, with my T-zone showing shine after two hours. There was no oxidisation through the course of the day. If you are looking for a foundation with a natural finish and layerable coverage, Le Teint Touche Eclat is well worth considering. It is also reasonably priced for a luxe brand at £28 for 30ml in the UK, just a few quid more than MAC foundations and much less than the whopping £60 for Tom Ford foundations.

On the eyes, I'm wearing Armani Eyes To Kill #28 Red Platine paired with the navy shade from the Addiction Dolly Bird compact (Holiday 2010) and Pixi Endless Silky Pen #1 Black Noir.


For more reviews, do check out Beaut.ie, Drivel About Frivol, Lady of The Lane and Vivianna Does Makeup. Below is the ingredients list.

9 comments:

birkinbagbeauty said...

Gorgeous on you. I remember DrivellerKate giving it thumbs down but I can see it looking good on you so my swatch-intentions have returned. OMG, Tom Ford foundations: does he have pearls hidden in them to make them so expensive?

Haru said...

Hi,
I wasn't expecting much too after Kate's review, but I was surprised that it wore quite nicely on my skin, which usually gets oily quickly with dewy foundations. Do give it a try if you can. Tom Ford is probably good quality, but is it twice as good to justify the price difference? I doubt it.

Kas said...

Looks good! Can't wait for YSL Beauty to reopen - it's been so long since I touched YSL (I just tossed an old YSL lipstick from eons ago - way too old to use but the signature scent was still so strong!). The lipcolour is fab on you :)

JoanneP @ The Convenient Beauty said...

Thanks for the review! I just started my YSL love affair and was curious about this foundation. I have the touche eclat highlighter pen and love it so so much. Follow you now! xoxo

Beauty Box said...

Good review...Sounds like a dry weather type of foundation for me since my skin is oily/combi. I love dewy finishes that make your skin look better...but alas, like you, my collection of base makeup is pretty ridiculous. I tend to wait a while before I get high end foundations...usu a year or two later so I can read reviews and maybe test it out at the counter etc.

Tabby said...

Hey haru, since you mentioned that you have so many foundations, how do you know when to toss them? do you stick to the 3 year rule or by some other metric? I have a ton of base makeup but I'm not sure how long I can keep them...might have to toss quite a few bottles by the end of the year...

Tia said...

Nice lip colour.

Haru said...

hi Tabby,
For liquid foundations, I toss them after 2-3 years or if the texture or scent changes to indicate that the product has gone off. For powder foundations, I usually am able to use them up within 2-3 years, as one usually lasts only about 3 months with daily usage.

Unknown said...

Great review!

Anyone who would like to see a quick review on this product check out mine x

http://honestcosmeticreviews.blogspot.co.uk/