Saturday 4 August 2012

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Fashionista

This week, I've been using mainly Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Fashionista. I purchased it from Drugstore.com, which often has "buy 1, get 1 50% off" deals on Physicians Formula.

The faux leather exterior with a crocodile effect is a nice departure from the usual clear lucite packaging of the Shimmer Strips. This was released late last year together with three other palettes in Smoky, Casual and Nude. You can see swatches of all four palettes on Vampy Varnish and Makeup & Beauty Blog.

The color combination of Fashionista is very similar to Green Eye Candy, basically a rainbow of purples with an eye-catching lime chartreuse in the middle. Some of the shades are very similar, so you probably do not need both but Fashionista on its own, is still a pretty nifty palette to have if you like purple hues.

Most of the shades have a soft shimmery finish and fairly good color payoff without excessive powdery kick-up. The texture is more refined and not as pigmented as Went'n'Wild eyeshadows. The included sponge applicator actually works better in laying down the eyeshadows evenly than my usual brushes. However, it did bleed a little when I washed it with Daiso sponge cleanser. When applied with brushes, I found that the eyeshadows applied more sheer and took more effort to build up. My favourite shade is the royal purple (2nd from extreme right).



Applied over a good primer like Too Faced Shadow Insurance, these lasted very well over a whole day without creasing or fallout. Below is a look featuring the pink and purple hues from Fashionista. The shades are so easy to coordinate and blend that this took just a few minutes to do.



Literally cute as a button and easy on the pocket, I would say Fashionista is well worth checking out!

5 comments:

AhCapp said...

Hi iris,

I love this look. :) you look great in purple eyeshadow! I think I bought the other colors in this series, but yet to try them.

Can I ask how do you order from drugstore? Do they accept international credit cards?

Thank you for sharing! :)

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp,
Yes, Drugstore.com accepts international credit cards. They also share a website with Beauty.com which stocks many higher end brands like Tarte, plus these two websites have frequent promotions and gifts with purchase, so I've been shopping frequently with them. I usually get the orders shipped to me via MyUS.com, but you can use VPost, Comgateway or Borderlinx for shipping to Singapore.

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought that you could get this pretty eye look with that fabulous. I'll have to keeps my eyes open for this palette.

LauraLeia said...

Oh, i love the look you did in your makeup for this! <3

Haru said...

Thanks, LauraLeia!

hi Chris,
Thanks, hope you find it!