Wednesday 1 August 2012

Operation Use It Up

I just did an "empties" post less than two weeks ago but somehow, I managed to finished up another bunch of products recently. And yet, it seems like my cabinets are still stuffed to the max!

1. Lancome Blanc Miracle Foundation: This was good for daily use, especially when I am in a rush. (Read my earlier review here.) However, this was replaced in April by Maqui Blanc Miracle which contains purple ‘liquid light essence’ pigment and salicylic acid.

2. The Body Shop Satsuma Body Lotion: This was lying around half-empty for too many months to count. When I finally got around to finishing it, half a bottle was gone in less than two weeks. It is very light textured and non-greasy, perfect for the humid summer months.

3. Bliss Steep Clean Deep Pore Cleanser: This claims to help reduce the appearance of pores, excess oil and shine through a double enzyme blend. It contains salicylic acid and ascorbic acid. I liked this as it feels very gentle on the skin and leaves skin feeling clean and supple. It did not keep blemishes away completely or prevent pores from getting clogged but no cleanser does that for me.

4. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel: This paraben-free cleanser works well with my Clarisonic Mia, cleansing thoroughly without stripping the skin. Not sure if I will re-purchase it though as I still have a few cleansers to use up. The ingredients list is below.

5. La Mer The Radiant Infusion: This 15ml bottle lasted about three weeks with daily usage. Now that it's summer, this is all I use to prep my skin after cleansing and before applying foundation. It absorbs well without leaving any greasy or sticky feeling, and helps to combat the skin flakes that I sometimes get. Not a fan of the scent though.

6. L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream: This has a delightful sweet floral scent that is not too cloying. It also gives immediate relief to my hands, which are prone to peeling as I wash my hands quite often. I always try to keep a tube in my bag.

7. Essence Nail Art Nail Polish Remover: Super cheap and does the job reasonably well, although glitter nailpolishes are still pretty tough to remove with this.

8. Philosophy Bubbly Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath: I was not a fan of the light champagne and orange scent at first but it grew on me, and now I find it quite refreshing. It lathers up very well, great for use with a bath lily.



9. Nivea Color Protect Conditioner: This keeps my hair relatively soft and tangle-free but I've since switched to Vidal Sasson Premium which I find to be more hydrating.

10. The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter: Given the name, I expected this to be very hydrating but it did absolutely nothing for my hair. I would not re-purchase this for sure!

11. Lush I Love Juicy: Lush's zany descriptions always make their products sound irresistible. This has a light green citrus scent and cleanses well, but it does leave my hair slightly dry. Not sure if I will re-purchase it.


6 comments:

kas said...

I was actually interested in Lush Juicy - I love the shampoo bars in Squeaky Green but I think it washes off my hair dye pretty fast :(

Anonymous said...

I really need to adopt this practice. I've been doing some summer cleaning and it seems that I just keep accumulating beauty products. You've inspired me to start using what I already have. ;)

Beauty Box said...

I always love your empties posts... I'm super impressed by you finishing that Lancome powder in just a year and a bit?

I also have the same sentiments as you about the TBS hair butter...I tried it as well and was sorely disappointed...

Anonymous said...

Hello Haru, after read your review and tried it I should tell you that Lancome Maqui Blanc also works well for my oily skin :D
But I wonder what is your daily staple primer for it? I still look for the perfect match for this powder foundation.
Thanks in advance :)

Unknown said...

I use I Love Juicy once every 2-3 days as a firm of deep cleansing for oily scalp. Can't use it everyday too as it's quite drying.

Haru said...

hi,
Currently, I'm using Paul & Joe Foundation Primer UV as the base under my powder foundation. It has SPFF40 and doesn't feel oily at all.