Saturday 20 June 2009

Day out at Iluma & Bugis Junction

Iluma is a new mall that has just opened next to Bugis Junction. Went to check it out today and to my surprise, I found this shop, Play Imaginative, selling a wide range of Tokidoki merchandise, including all the latest bags! This is the first time I've come across a shop in Singapore selling Tokidoki stuff so I was incredibly excited!


The shop carries Tokidoki apparel, bags, notebooks and small figures. I didn't buy anything today although I was very tempted to get the Marina bag in the Discoteca print. The prices seem quite reasonable, when compared to the prices on the Tokidoki (Italy) website. For example, the Marina bag is S$259 versus US$168 on the Tokidoki website (where it has already sold out). Play Imaginative has all the latest prints such as Discoteca, Portafortuna, Geometric etc.


Love the window display! I also found the shop staff to be very friendly and helpful, which is always a big plus.



The interior of the mall. Not all the shops have opened yet but there were quite a few shoppers. The vibe is quite similar to Bugis Junction with mostly independent labels catering to the young.

Another eye-catching storefront.


Also tried out the Tea Dot cafe which sells all kinds of tea-inspired drinks, including a matcha latte with a hint of wasabi.


I had the Simply Matcha frappe while my boyfriend had the Matcha Latte and we also shared a chocolate mousse cake. Both drinks were yummy without being too sweet.




The geek in me got super excited at seeing the Transformers and Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince posters at a bus stop opposite Chijmes. Can't wait to watch these two movies!



Here are my buys for today! Transformers T-shirts and a cap from Flesh Imp at Bugis Junction for my boyfriend and I. Received a free lanyard.



Ayumi Hamasaki Countdown 2008-2009 concert DVD from Gramophone (20% off with Citibank card so this was S$36). And I finally found the Dior Iridescent #909 Pink May quint at the counter in Bugis Junction! I tried about 6 other Dior counters in town but they were all out of stock so decided to snap it up when I finally found it at Bugis even though it meant paying full price without any of the rebates I usually enjoy at Tangs/Isetan/Robinsons...ouch. Also got another sample of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau :-)


7 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for sharing your shopping and eating experiences! I always love your mini-tours!

I've got the Red Neo Automatic liner, and I like it very much. I also have the gold and the black, all gifts from Old Cow.

Love your new Dior Eyeshadow!!

Kathi said...

Yay, seems you had a really good day! Hey, next time we want to see the fiance, not just his arms hehe =P

Whitney & the full effect said...

woww that is such a gorgeous quint!

Catherine said...

Ooooh, fun shopping day! :D

Shop N' Chomp said...

hee hee...i love the hamster (?) plushie with the pink heart :)

Haru said...

hi!
That's a Sanrio character, Homekoro. Not really sure what animal it's supposed to be but I love it. It's my boyfriend's "companion" and is returning with him to New Delhi :-)

makeupmag said...

Tokidoki prints are very cute. I'm glad there's a shop dedicated to them. Thanks for the info! :)