Wednesday 10 March 2010

EOTD: Ed Pinaud #6 Quad

I picked up this Ed Pinuad #6 Violet Concerto quad with L'Officiel a couple of days ago at the Buzz kiosk outside the Heeren. The magazine seems to have pretty much sold out everywhere. I found the shade combination to be very similar to Stila's Montmatre eyeshadow palette.

The texture of the eyeshadows is smooth with good colour payoff. The two lighter shades are shimmery while the two darker shades are more of a soft matte texture. My only gripe about the quad is that I wished it had a darker liner shade that contrasted better against the other pink shades, to allow more interesting combinations. When applied, the difference between the three darker shades are a bit too subtle.

I used the light pink shade as a wash over the browbone area, the shimmery baby pink shade on the inner half of the lid, the medium pink shade in the middle of the lid and the pinkish purple shade at the outer corners and along the lower lashline. I also used MAC Pearlglide Liner in Rave to line the upper lashline and K-Palette Real Lasting Volume mascara.

5 comments:

Ahcapp said...

Hi Iris

I was surprised when I opened this palette. It's gorgeous! I love it! ^_^

By swapping with Adele, you and my buddy Viv, I managed to collect all 6 palettes! I'm busy passing the magazines to my colleagues and hubby's colleagues now....

Haru said...

Hey AhCapp,
You will be the envy of all the Cozycotters who are trying to swap for the palettes that they are still missing! Wow, that's quite an accomplishment :-) That must be a really lovely collection you have and all for less than the price of a MAC quad. Excellent!

Anonymous said...

hmm...i got an extra #01 and i have gotten #03 already.

was wondering any one want to exchange?

. : * justine * : . said...

This seemed like SUCH an awesome promotion and the quads look lovely :) Is the brand popular otherwise? I like the pinks but I agree that the quad would have benefitted from a darker shade... still a nice EOTD though! I love the liner (I have Rave, somewhere, but I prefer using liquid liner to my top lash line). I like the Emerald quad better though, I think! You know I love my greens :)

Haru said...

Hey Justine,
I hadn't heard of the Ed Pinaud brand until L'Officiel (Singapore) gave away its eyeshadows last year. I'm not even sure if there are shops that sell Ed Pinaud cosmetics in Singapore.