Wednesday 31 March 2010

EOTD: Visee Brilliance Forming Eyes A6

Here's the look that I did today with the new Visee x Mercury Duo Brilliance Forming Eyes A6 Blue and the Lash Wide Impact (Curl Long) BK002 Blue Black mascara.

I prepped my lids with Testimo Bright Up Eye Base, and then used my MAC #226 brush to sweep the beige shade over the browbone area. I prefer to use a brush for this step for a more sheer finish. Then I used the broad end of the sponge applicator to apply the blue shade in the crease and the thin end of the sponge applicator to line the upper and lower lashlines. As recommended in the instructions, I used the thin end of the sponge applicator to highlight the inner corners with the shimmmery cream shade. Then I finished by curling my lashes and applying the mascara.

The powder eyeshadows have good colour payoff and a lovely pearl glimmer without being frosty. The shades blend easily and complement one another quite well. I did not experience any fallout or oxidisation but there was some creasing at the inner corners after about seven hours of wear. The mascara is supposed to be blue black but I could not detect any blue tint after application. It held the curl well and did not flake or smudge. It contains fibres and builds decent length and volume easily with just a few strokes.

Overall, I liked both the palette and mascara which are of good quality at a very affordable price. The palette and mascara cost me only about S$17 and S$16 respectively, after the 35% drugstore discount.

13 comments:

Magdalena said...

that's a cute look! I am thinking about getting this palette....

em said...

the blue looks really good on you! xo

kuri said...

That's a cute palette and a lovely look!
I just realized that I'm never going to use up all my blue shadows though, so I'm on an no-buy.

Jessying said...

wow this is nice colour combination!!

Xuan-er said...

wow nice!!! looks like I would need to get this when I go there next wk!

Tracy said...

This is defintely one of your best eotds!

Kathi said...

Hi dear, that´s very pretty! It´s a funny coincidence but I am wearing the same palette today! =D
I am really loving the pretty color combo but oddly the blue shade turns into a pretty bright greenish turqouise on me..must have something to do with my skin undertone I guess =D

Haru said...

hey Kathi,
What a coincidence :-) The blue shade also shows up with a green tint on me. I was quite surprised as I was expecting it to be more of a washed out light blue, as is often the case with Japanese blue-themed palettes.

. : * justine * : . said...

If I end up picking this up I will let you know what colour the blue turns... as long as it IS a colour and not just pale sparkle I will be happy, haha. I really like this eye!

Michelle said...

This looks so pretty on your Iris! I want this palette now!

Between this mascara and the K-palette one which you recently reviewed, which do you like better?

Li said...

you could try using the mascara on your lower lashes since the brush is designed for this. I never wore mascara on my lower lashes until I got this mascara in black. I liked the effect when worn with the nude eye palette.

Janice said...

I love the colors in this palette! too bad it's not available in Singapore. It looks beautiful on you :)

Unknown said...

looks lovely!
i have been eyeing this visee collection ever since i saw it in the magazine!