Tuesday 23 March 2010

Wedding Gowns

Am blogging this at the Starbucks in Narita Airport while waiting for my flight to Honolulu :-) Discovered that I actually had some shots on my digicam so here are some photos of the wedding gown and evening gown that I wore on last Sunday.

Both had fairly long trains which were a bit troublesome because people kept stepping on them inadvertently, especially during the dinner banquet when we went around the tables to take photos with each table. But the flowing trains, especially the wedding gown which cascades down in frills, looked lovely in the photos so I didn't mind at all. My sister-in-law was less lucky when she got married last year and her train ripped after a friend stepped on it!

The two gowns are different from those that I wore for the pre-wedding photo shoot as I decided that the ones that I had picked for the pre-wedding photo shoot weren't really my dream gowns. Fortunately, the bridal studio was willing to let me select another two gowns in early March, which were then altered to fit me.

The back of the wedding gown.

The bridal studio only provided very simple ribbon corsages for the bridesmaids so I decided to order small bouquets of hydrangeas with baby's breath and forget-me-nots for my four bridesmaids who were wearing purple dresses.

I got these from the Japanese florist, Shiki, at Level B1 of Takashimaya for only S$23 each :-) Hydrangeas don't last very long though and some started to wilt by nightfall.



The "angpao" (red packet) box provided by Intercontinental Hotel where we held our wedding dinner.

20 comments:

pinky"the-middle-name-is-princess"beanie said...

Ooh, gorgeous gowns. Congratulations again! ^^

Have fun in Honolulu.

Janice said...

love the wedding shots! thanks again for sharing and have a wonderful honeymoon :)

AtelierGal said...

Enjoy your honeymoon ^_^

R. said...

The flowers and your gowns are gorgeous! The long trains are so dreamy and floaty. Have fun on your honeymoon, Hawaii sounds awesome!

watercoloursky said...

love the gowns! I know the feeling - trains make you feel like a princess for a day right? :)

Congratulations again! :D

shopaholic said...

ooh, i love the angpow box, very elegant! didn't know that hotels nowadays provide such nice frills.

Unknown said...

kiong hi! ^.^

BV said...

Everything looks absolutely GORGEOUS!! I adore the wedding gown - so beautiful!! I can tell from the photos they really were made for you! I particularly like the cascading frills!

I can't wait to see what you get from Sephora in Hawaii!! If you do decide to go shopping in Hawaii I hope you do some posts on it cos I want to go to Hawaii later this year and intend to shop like mad...

Unfortch for moi, it won't be a honeymoon :-( but can't wait for the Hawaii pics!!

My love to both of you.
BV

Anonymous said...

Please share more of your honeymoon and wedding! Everything is so gorgeous! Feel so happy for you!

brumeux said...

aw.. i just saw this entry .
Congrats, Iris!! enjoy your honeymoon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you two have an awesome honeymoon in Hawaii :) You are one beautiful bride!!! Thanks for sharing your wedding pictures with your readers.

Isla said...

Ooh! 4 different gowns? Wow...Those are lovely, too! Will you post pictures of the 2nd two also? :)
Have a great honeymoon! I wish you both lots and lots of happiness!

Autumn Masquerade said...

Congratulations! I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness! Enjoy Hawaii. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous especially the cream one!! i really love them.. I will be attending a wedding next wk.. Seeing really make me excited and unknown happiness even those not my wedding.. HAHA!

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing! Your wedding was really lovely! Have a great honeymoon!

Melon said...

Are the sakura Starbucks stuff still on sale when you were there? Like the mugs and stuff.

kit said...

The gowns look lovely and the box is a cool idea.

Anonymous said...

Waaa...the wedding gown is sooo pretty!
And I really love the first two pre-wed photos that you posted :D
I hope you pick those and show them to all your guests because those pics are so beautiful and both of you look so adorable :)
Wish a romantic honeymoon and a happy marriage for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats babe! Beautiful gowns!

PMP said...

I bet your bridesmaids must have looked sugoku kawaii with those darling bouquets!