Friday 12 March 2010

Lunasol Spring 2010 Launch

Lunasol launched its Spring 2010 collection at Takashimaya today. There is also a 10% discount on all Lunasol products for a week starting from today, which means you can get the eyeshadow quads at just S$70 instead of the usual S$77.

The gift with purchase of S$160. The bag and pouch are quite nicely designed.

The quads impressed me with their silky and smooth texture. It feels more finely milled and less powdery than Geminate Eyes or Scent Form Eyes. The texture is probably most similar to Sheer Contrast Eyes but feels more velvety compared to Sheer Contrast Eyes (although this could be due to the ridges across the surface of the eyeshadows in the Nature Colour Eyes palettes). There aren't any gritty glitter bits but several of the shades are quite shimmery.

My favourite is probably #1 Nature Blue followed by #2 Nature Green, although I wish the collection had brighter and vivid shades.

#1 Nature Blue. The light blue + light mint combination reminds me of Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes BL711 but the light blue shade in #1 Nature Blue has better colour payoff.

#2 Nature Green

#3 Nature Brown

#4 Nature Beige

#5 Nature Colourful

The Shining Water Eyes reminded me very much of Visee Aqua Shining Eyes. They have the same lovely metallic sheen and smooth light creamy texture. These apply sheer at first but can be layered for greater intensity.


The Full Glamour Gloss are very sheer with tiny micro-sparkles.

From left to right: #17 Soft Coral, #18 Soft Yellow, #19 Soft Beige and #21 Soft Pink. I did not bother to swatch #20 Clear as it is just a normal clear gloss.

7 comments:

AhCapp said...

Hi Iris,

The shades of the quads look a bit pale. =( I bet they will all look like white on my dark skintone.

Will you be getting anything from this collection? =) Or should I saw both of us should stay away from this collection? ;)

Haru said...

hey AhCapp,
Yeah, think I'm going to skip this (though I really like the bag! It's a heart shape cutout kind of pattern, or was it stars? sorry, memory is quite bad these days). The texture is quite nice but the shade combinations are not really that outstanding to me. I already have a ton of Lunasol quads so I'd like to see something really different from what I already own. Maybe summer will have more interesting quads.

Jessying said...

The colours looks quite similar to Coffret D'or range..

makeupmag said...

Lovely! Am linking to you for swatches; so comprehensive. :)

I thought you would've caved - you're a better girl than I am. :P

The gwp has cut-outs of stars...so apt for the previous collection, yes?

Unknown said...

Such beautiful swatches, i love Lunasol, their colors are so shimmering and bright.

I love the new lipgloss too.

Thanks for sharing

with love
lisa
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

As pretty as these look... I wish lunasol can give us a nicer surprise after so many seasons of similar turn outs.
Think i'm going to turn my attention to " addiction" for now.

lazeny said...

I just got this today in 01 Nature Blue and I can't wait to try it tomorrow. =)