Wednesday 1 June 2011

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Mousse

Biore recently sent me their two new water-based sunscreens for the face and body. The UV Aqua Rich Watery Mousse SPF50 PA+++ (S$18.90; 33g) is a very light textured cream sunscreen for the face. Infused with hyaluronic acid to help moisturise the skin plus grapefruit, lemon and orange extracts, the Watery Mousse has a light citrusy scent and applies with a slightly cooling sensation.

Unlike many other sunblock lotions that tend to leave a slight sheen on the skin, the Watery Mousse absorbs virtually instantly without any sheen or greasiness, just a smooth, silky feeling. I don't have the ingredients list in English but you can find it easily on other blogs. It does contain alcohol and silicones.

After trying it out for the past few days, I have to say that I love the texture and how nicely it absorbs. I haven't had any issues applying makeup on top of it but it does make my skin appear slightly fairer, so there is a subtle tone difference between my face and neck when wearing this.

In the photo above, I am wearing only the UV Aqua Rich Watery Mousse while in the photo below, I am wearing the Watery Mousse with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation T51 dusted on top. The Bourjois foundation powder adds a little bit of coverage and a more matte finish. With this combination, it takes about 2-3 hours before my T-zone starts to see some shine, depending on how dry the weather is.

The products used for this look.

In the Japanese TV CM, they use an oil blotting sheet to show that after applying the Watery Mousse, there is absolutely zero oil absorbed by the blotting sheet, whereas the blotting sheet picked up oil from a previous Biore sunblock product.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi Iris,
Thanks for the post.
I am looking around for a lightweight sunscreen.
Going to drop by Watsons later to buy this!

You looked great in the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation!

frecklesspeckles said...

I totally <3 this sunscreen! Definitely better than Dior Snow which I used to use. :)

Tess said...

Just a question.
What do we use to remove sunblock for body?
Like we use makeup remover to remove sunblock for our face.

Anonymous said...

Hi Iris, your post of this came in timely as I was thinking of getting a new one. Btw, is that a Cath Kidston shirt u r wearing?

Grace :)

Haru said...

Hi Tess,
I just use shower gel and it removes sunblock lotion effectively.

Hi Grace,
Yup, that's a Cath Kidston T from Uniqlo :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, this week I am using the same sunscreen with Bonjour Healthy Mix liquid foundation!

Very nice combi!