Thursday 2 June 2011

Lakme Fantasy Collection Summer 2011

While on vacation in Delhi, I dropped by the Lakmé counter to check out their latest Fantasy Collection for Summer 2011. The collection is a collaboration with the designer duo Gauri & Nainika. Typical of Lakmé, it is quite a colorful collection with several looks ranging from Sugar Plum Fairy, Wandering Butterfly to Goddess of Gold.

The Eye Color Quartet in Botanica (Rs425; about S$11.70) is an unusual combination of lime green with chocolate, light beige and a burgundy that reminds one of MAC Cranberry. Like Lakmé's other eye palettes, it is made in Taiwan and the shades all have good color payoff.


The Shadow Artist Shimmer Sticks (Rs350) are color pencils that glide on incredibly smoothly with a creamy feel. They are nicely pigmented but don't seem to set to a budgeproof finish as they still smudge when I run my finger over the swatches several minutes later. These are made by Schwan Cosmetics in the Czech Republic. I love the pale green iridescence in Moon Beam.

Made in Italy, the Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer (Rs450) contains three shades with a heavy dusting of fine gold shimmer flecks on top.


The Cheek Artist (Rs395) in Peach Blush is a cream blush with a lovely blendability. When applied, it feels very smooth with a non-greasy, satin finish.


Below are swatches done on bare skin without any primer.

In Singapore, I think Lakmé can be found at Mustafa in Little India. The selection tends to be erratic but the prices are comparable to the original retail prices in India.

10 comments:

Fiona Star said...

the gold dust shimmer bronzer looks gorgeous! i wonder if it's a glitterbomb though?

Julia said...

Lovely colours! I really want to see them on your face.

birkinbagbeauty said...

Wow, nice collection. In the past I bought my Lakme from http://mall.coimbatore.com/bnh/lakme/lakme.html and I liked their service. The pigmentation of their eyeshadows was really strong right then (and quite smooth)...

Haru said...

Hi feeyona,
It's quite glittery at first but once the top layer rubs off, it's not that shimmery.

Hi Julia,
I'll try to do a look next week :)

Beige Renegade said...

wow this is the first time I have been Indian made cosmetics!!

Nice blog btw, i watched you :D

Light Love said...

wow, the bronzer is surprisingly pretty! and the cream blush is just soooo pretty! <3

Aleya Bamdad said...

The colors of the shimmer sticks are really pretty! I've never heard of this brand before, but I'll be sure to look into them.

makeupmag said...

Love the unusual combination of colours in the palette! :)

Sherleen said...

Hi, have been reading your blog for quite a while now... Talking about Mustafa, was recommended this liquid eyeliner by my cousin and being a first time user (have been using powdered eyeliner), I was surprised by the ease and precision of the application. And did I tell you it's smudgeproof? Best of all, it's less than S$5! You should give it a try!

nabila said...

wow!the product is awesome...looks really cool on indian skin...i love lakme...