Monday 20 June 2011

SMAP Softbank CM featuring Marina Bay Sands Singapore

The eternally youthful SMAP were in Singapore on 3 March to shoot a commercial for Softbank, a Japanese telco company. Filmed at the Skypark atop the glitzy Marina Bay Sands hotel and set to the bopping tune of Locomotion, the CM shows off the Singapore skyline to stunning effect. Do check it out!

Below is an older CM by SMAP, also for Softbank. The SMAP boys still haven't lost their cheeky charm after two decades in the business.

7 comments:

Beige Renegade said...

I shake my head at SMAP!! They are so camp!!! And I will never understand their explosive popularity >.< When I was in Japan, every second drama, variety show or CM had one of them in it!!

Anonymous said...

I love smapXsmap! They always give me the best laughs.Even after so many years since they started the program. They are truly all rounded entertaining artists.

Anonymous said...

yuck too cheesy. but it's great PR for tourism! -h.

Jenice said...

hahha... I love SMAP!!! Still so cheeky and youthful!! What (skincare) do they use?!?!? The other boy band that makes me laugh is Arashi. Their antics never fail to amaze and humour me XD

Anonymous said...

eh... what happened to the the merlion at the end of the clip?
(is that supposed to be the merlion?!)

Haru said...

I have no idea, I noticed that too and thought it looked nothing like the Merlion!

Anonymous said...

They edited the merlion to make it look like SoftBank's mascot, the Otou-san dog.