Wednesday 15 June 2011

Holika Holika Midnight Owl

Earlier today, I wandered into the Holika Holika store at Wisma Atria in search of sponge tip applicators but got distracted by the new Midnight Owl compacts. According to the SA, these just arrived less than one week ago.


I'm not an owl or bird enthusiast but the whimsical design and gorgeous mix of shimmery shades were just too adorable to resist. I love the intricate design details like the speech bubble with the heart inside and the stars in the background.

#1 is a standard highlighting powder, similar to the earlier Merry Holika highlighting powder with the cat motif. Blended together, it applies as a soft glowy powder with very refined silver shimmer (no big chunky glitter bits).

#2 has more of a pinkish tint and can be used as a blush or on top of blush for a more glowy effect. With a generous 10g of product, each compact can probably last many moons even with daily use. The included brush feels soft and gentle on the skin. I also like the fact that there is a protective plastic tray on top of the powder.

While the Midnight Owl compacts are quite expensive at S$49.90, you can get a 10% discount on the spot if you spend more than S$50 to become a member. There is no membership card or points/rewards system. The staff simply take down your personal particulars and you just need to quote your IC number for future purchases to enjoy the 10% discount. On your birthday, you get a 30% discount. According to the Holika Holika website, the Midnight Owl compacts retail for just 20,000won (about S$23) in Korea. The immense price difference is annoying but I can't be bothered to navigate through GMarket.

Holika Holika is currently having a Great Singapore Sale promotion under which you can get 20% off with purchase of 2 products, or 30% off with purchase of 3 products. However, this promotion is not applicable to new products like the Midnight Owl compacts.

12 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I am so jealous!!! I contacted a Korean ebay seller just a week ago asking about these and he couldn't get them because they are out of stock in Korea :( I'm so jealous and hope that I will get my own owls soon enough... Enjoy them! :)

birkinbagbeauty said...

The pink one is goooorgeous. I need to visit gmarket again...

ashura said...

These look awesome! But the price is really annoying =(

Anonymous said...

That's really cute, but I'm not sure how functional it is or how cute it will be in the future after regular use.

Annina~♥ said...

awwww I love owls! that's so cute! :D

Anonymous said...

I am a bird lover and I love these! Holika Holika is a brand I am very curious about.

Light Love said...

So cute! I love how detailed it is! <3

galleryibu said...

so cute.. and i'm envy you.. so jealous that there is holika holika store in singapore...

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! Love the pink one.

Pearl Squirrel said...

These are lovely! I hope i can track them down somewhere for a reasonable price.

Evetherocker said...

I just found the Holika Holika Midnight Owl on my search on ebay, and also found the cat one, years later as it is 11/5/2014 Here is the link for the ebay page with them for sell!http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOLIKA-HOLIKA-Midnight-Owl-Cheek-01-Shining-Owl-10g-Free-Sample-HK-026-/200887961166?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item2ec5db064e