Friday 10 June 2011

Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes EX02 Vacation Ocean

Here's a simple look that I did with the Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes EX02 Vacation Ocean palette and Coloring Cheeks EX03 Clear Coral Pink today.

Using Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base, I used the broad sponge applicator to apply the dark blue shade along the upper lashline and the light blue shade in the crease and along the lower lashline. Next, I used the brush to sweep the white shade over the browbone area and the thin sponge applicator to apply the pink shade at the inner corners.

Vacation Ocean impressed me much more than Ocean Scene Eyes #3 Vivid Ocean as the blue tones in Vacation Ocean showed up much more nicely than Vivid Ocean. The eyeshadows have a wonderfully smooth texture that just glides onto the lids without any powdery or glitter fallout on the cheeks.

The colour payoff and lasting power were also excellent. After more than 12 hours of wear, there was just a tiny bit of creasing at the inner corners and a bit of smudging at the outer corner of my lower lid. The metallic sheen of the shades give a nice pop of colour, making the eyes look more lively and awake.

The Coloring Cheeks EX03 Clear Coral Pink is a pretty standard peachy coral shade that would work well on light to fair skin tones. It has a lovely satin finish that builds up nicely with just a couple of sweeps of the brush.

The other products used for this look are the Bourjois, Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation #51, Topshop Gloom Gloss, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02, Beaute de Kose Mascara Fantasist Long-show Mascara, RMK Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX01 and MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Marked for Glamour.

Comparison with other blue-themed palettes from Lunasol.

The shades in Vacation Ocean are sufficiently different from Vivid Ocean (right in pic above) such that I don't mind owning both. Of the two, I much prefer Vacation Ocean. Skin Modelling Eyes EX02 Beach Cool (left in the pic below) seems to be the most similar to Vacation Ocean.

Below are the lists of ingredients.


The collection display at Takashimaya.


8 comments:

min said...

The healthy mix foundation looks good on u.
How do you rate this foundation?
I have dry with slightly oily on t zone, do u think this foundation suitable for my skin type? Or is it more suitable for oily skin?
Thx in advance

Jamilla Camel said...

Super pretty! My OH has a confirmed trip to Tokyo in a couple of weeks, so this is on the list.

Kas said...

this colour combi is always nice on you :) I have to take a look at the palettes - the last time Mag and I were there, I swatched and swatched and swatched and couldnt decide; bought Coffret D'Or instead!

Haru said...

Hi min,
I do like the foundation very much as it applies very nicely and lasts without oxidizing. I think it can work for dry skin types as long as you moisturise adequately beforehand.

Hi Jamilla,
Looking forward to seeing what your hubby gets for you! :)

Hey kas,
This collection is definitely worth checking out!

. : * justine * : . said...

I really love this look on you - and the palette is stunning! The navy shade looks the best (I'm surprised with myself, I usually like the pink/peach shades the most). I love this look - Lunasol definitely did a great job with their summer collection!

Elaine said...

Love your FOTD. I like the Vacation palette too. :)
I realize I forgot about the Eye Pencil N in EX02 Blue Green till I read your haul post....
For the blusher, my "wordings" are all gone as it's a spray on. I think it is a pity!

Hannah said...

Thanks for your rec..I wouldn't have given this collection a second thought if not for your photos. The texture and finishing of the eyeshadows in these 2 palettes are superb. IMO the best ever. But I really don't need anymore MU items, especially eyeshadows! Give me stronger reasons to get the blue palette!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on you~!
Do you have swatches on the eye pencil liners? I'm dying to get them but don't know if it's worth the investment. ^^