Tuesday 14 June 2011

Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes EX01 Shelly Ocean

While I'm normally not into brown and beige eyeshadows, Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes EX01 Shelly Ocean drew me in with the smoky bronze shade in the lower right corner.

For this look, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base. UDPP works wonderfully with the Ocean Scene Eyes palettes. I was out for more than 15 hours yesterday and at the end of the night, the Lunasol eyeshadows still looked freshly applied without any fallout or smudging.

I used the broad sponge applicator to apply the smoky bronze shade along the upper lashline, the pale brown shade in the crease and the gold shade along the lower lashline. I used the brush to apply the white shade over the browbone area and the gold shade over the pale brown in the crease. I finished by applying MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On The Hunt and Esprique Precious Ruffle Flare Mascara.

Like most Lunasol quads, the shades complement one another beautifully and blend like a dream. The shimmer is refined without being too loud and the eyeshadows feel incredibly silky and finely milled to touch. The colour combination is office-friendly. I was hoping that the light brown shade would be more of a taupe but it looks disappointingly bland on me.

The other products used for this look are: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation #51, Lunasol Coloring Cheeks EX03 Clear Coral Pink, Jill Stuart Loose Powder, RMK Ingenious Lips B #28 Rose, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02, Benefit It Stick and Lancome Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1.

Comparison shot with my other brown-themed Lunasol palettes.

With Scent Form Eyes 05 Chocolate Cosmos.

With Skin Modelling Eyes EX01 Beige Bronze.

10 comments:

kaelakaela said...

if you lived in the us and had hazel eyes would you get the one you are wearing today the shelly ocean or the 02-AR geminate eyes from lunasol? have no way to look @ them in person just order.

thanks

kaela

Haru said...

hi Kaela,
Definitely prefer Shelly Ocean over Geminate Eyes AR as the latter has some rather red-toned shades that can be hard to pull off. I think Shelly Ocean would be flattering on most skintones.

makeupmag said...

A beautiful office-friendly neutral look! I'll have to pull out Lighting for Eyes in Neutral soon. :)

Jamilla Camel said...

The combination of the eyeshadow and red lips is gorgeous!

Ling said...

can i know what is the Jill Stuart Loose powder shade are you using for this look, Haru? nice ! :)))))))

-Ling

ShinyPrettyThings said...

gorgeous look!!! the colors are so pretty as expected of Lunasol ^^

Anonymous said...

how do you like the bourjois foundation? -h.

Anonymous said...

Hi is it very ... glittery or shimmer with no glitter? I swatched Beige Beige long ago and found it oh so glittery.

Glitter in eyeshadow is a turn off for me coz well honestly I don't know how to apply on my eyes without having the glitter all over my cheeks. Haiz.

Haru said...

hi,
There isn't any chunky glitter bits that fall on the cheeks. The eyeshadows are shimmery and very smooth in texture.

hi Ling,
I'm using #1 Natural. My JS powder is the original version which has been discontinued and replaced by Loose Powder N but the shades are about the same.

hi h,
The Bourjois foundation works quite well for me. The only drawback is the lack of sun protection, which means I have to use a primer with SPF.

Jess said...

I think, I'll never have enough neutral palettes like this one here! :)