Saturday 10 March 2012

Essence Marble Mania

Came across a fully stocked display of the Essence Marble Mania trend edition. It includes four nail polishes that are supposed to be ideal for creating marbling designs with the help of the nail art kit. The shades are 01 Raspberry Swirl, 02 Who Is Mr. Brown, 03 Silver Twister and 04 Peaches (which looks like a pinkish peach and not yellow in real life).

The Marble Mania baked eyeshadows with triple marbling (01 Seriously Mixed Up, 02 Let's Get Twisted and 03 Swirl It, Baby) had a nice smooth texture that didn't feel too dry or powdery. The payoff was pretty decent too, when swatched dry.

Marble Mania Blush 01 Swirlpool.

Swatches of the blush and eyeshadows.


Marble Mania Mascara 01 Michael's Black or Silver sounded intriguing at first but it didn't look that special in real life.

All six of the new Nail Colour 3 polish duos, which I mentioned in an earlier post.

Some of the new nail polish shades also caught my eye. The pic below shows #87 Passion For Fashion, #86 A Lovely Secret, #91 Glamorous Life and Nail Art Special Effect Topper 08 Night In Vegas. You can view all the new shades on the Essence website.

Night In Vegas is my first holographic flakie polish, so I'm looking forward to playing with it.

A Lovely Secret is a periwinkle with very fine violet shimmer, which you can see a hint of in the pic below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, how cute! I doubt the US will ever get this stuff in.

Citrine said...

Ahh, I wish the flakie will come to US (I like the LE collection but it seems that out of every 5-6 LEs, they only pick one, the least interesting one, to put in US)I had to cave in on the Essie one, which is a little too expensive for my normal "toy" budget.