Wednesday 21 March 2012

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain #12 Corail Fauve

On a recent trip through Gatwick dutyfree, I picked up another YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain, this time in #12 Corail Fauve.

Corail Fauve is a cheerful, feminine coral pink that does not lean too orange on my lips.

Corail Fauve is a easier shade to wear for daytime than #11 Rouge Gouache, which is bright cherry red (right in the pic below). You can see swatches of Corail Fauve plus most of the other Glossy Stains in my earlier post.


The pic below was taken after four hours of wear, during which I drank a cup of water. I usually apply the Glossy Stain in two layers. As you can see, Corail Fauve remained remarkably glossy with scarcely any feathering. It also did not dry out my lips or cause them to peel.

The lasting power of these Glossy Stains is truly impressive. Being YSL, they are pricey (£22.50 in the UK/US$32 in the US) but at least they do offer a generous amount of product at 0.20 oz/6ml, which is more than a MAC lipglass (0.17oz). The price in Gatwick dutyfree is around £19.75. With 20 delectable shades on offer, it will be hard to resist picking up a few more.

YSL will also be making a comeback in Tangs, which has just announced plans to convert its entire ground floor into a beauty hall. Aside from YSL, the long awaited NARS will finally be making its Singapore debut, along with Tom Ford, Korean brand Sulwhasoo, Aveda and Jo Malone. It sounds like we'll finally have a beauty hall that can rival the best in other major cities. Read more about it on HerWorld.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get results as long as you do (I have #15). Do you think Japanese companies will bring out a similar product soon? I'm always the poster complaining on your site about the "boring eyeshadow" palettes that Japanese companies make all the time, but I do like their neutral color schemes of lip products. I would love to see a Japanese version of this product!!!!! I find YSL's colors too vibrant for me.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Iris, you bring the best news ever! I love Nars and Tom Ford!!

Haru said...

Hi,
I can't think of any glossy lipstains by Japanese companies although some do offer liquid lipsticks like Maquillage Essence Glamorous Rouge. Perhaps you can check that out?

Maya said...

Iris, you reviewed the very colour that I've been lemming, which is Corail Fauve! Looks gorgeous on you. :)

And the news about Nars and Tom Ford Beauty put a smile on my face this morning. I had to rely on friends overseas, or even travel overseas to get my fix. And getting to swatch in person is certainly better than relying on pics online. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi,

FINALLY!! Nars is back!! Can't wait.

I was told that YSL still sells make-up at Changi Airport. Is this true? If so, I may want to grab this during my next trip.

Haru said...

Yes, YSL is also available at the DFS Galleria in Scotts Road but I don't know if they have the Glossy Stains in stock.

makeupmag said...

You do the loveliest lip swatches! :)

Lali Amora Beauty Blog said...

I am dying to try these, Actually thank you for reviewing Corail fauve because this is the one that I have my eye on! :)

Jacqueline said...

Great news! I'm especially excited by YSL and Tom Ford. I ordered Corail Fauve too but it is taking ages for the package to get to me. Seeing your swatches are making me wish they would arrive like now. You always look good in bright lip colours.