Friday 30 March 2012

RMK Sprinkling Eyes 03 Gray

On my last trip to London, I picked up another RMK Sprinkling Eyes palette (£36) at Selfridges, this time in 03 Gray.

As mentioned in my review of Sprinkling Eyes 02 Green, the smoky grey cream base is meant to be used under the other three powder eyeshadows.

I used the included brush to apply the grey shade from the lashline to the crease, the periwinkle shade over the browbone area, the medium grey shade in the crease and the brown shade along the lower lashline.

The smoky grey shade takes some layering with the brush to get it to show up well. The three powder shades have a lovely shimmer that is not overly frosty. They are not intensely pigmented. Instead, they add a subtle, nuanced wash of color to the lids.

Although I did not use a primer, the eyeshadows lasted well over more than eight hours of wear, with only a bit of creasing at the inner corners. When I tried it on another day over a primer, there was no creasing or fading.

For this look, I used Maquillage Essence Rich White Liquid UV OC00, Lunasol Under Eyes Base 01 Natural Beige, Anna Sui Perfect Mascara and Rose Cheek Color #301, Pixi Endless Silky Eye PenNo.1 Black Noir and No. 9 Oyster Glow, and Rose & Co Apothecary Rose Petal Salve.

Of the mascaras I've tried over the past few months, Anna Sui's Perfect Mascara is my favourite as it holds the curl of my lashes beautifully and adds impressive length to my super short lower lashes. The narrow slim brush is easy to handle, and never pokes my lids like the spikes of Benefit's They're Real often do. Although it has ultra-short super fibres, these do not make a irritating mess by falling into my eyes like Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus. I've had my tube for six months now and it is still working well whereas my Dolly Wink Volume Mascara has already dried out after four months.

Pixi's eyeliner pencils have become a fast favourite as they glide on smoothly without tugging at the skin. Black Noir is a super intense matte black, not quite as black as Urban Decay Perversion but close. The lead of my Perversion pencil has somehow shrunk away from the wooden part, so it is rattling around inside the wood and not applying as smoothly as Black Noir. Oyster Glow is the perfect shade for highlighting the lower lashline to help one look more awake.

If you like rose-scented beauty products, then the Rose Petal Salve and Rose Cheek Color are well worth checking out. The Rose Cheek Color has good payoff and gives a healthy pop of the color to the cheeks.

You can see swatches of Sprinkling Eyes 03 Gray on Drivel about Frivol and two lovely looks created with Sprinkling Eyes 01 Brown and 03 Green on Alice's blog.

6 comments:

Jan S said...

All the colors look simply beautiful look on you!I think that MQ foundation is pretty amazing. I'm about to run out and buy everything lol

半生不熟蘋果誌 said...

Hello~I'm Alice
I was so happy to see my article link in your blog
I have often read your article and also add your blog to my favorites
Anyway thank you la~

Tracy said...

These colours look sweet on you! Nothing too dramatic but gives a nice wash.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I purchased this 03 palette in Japan two weeks ago and I had trouble with it since I am not used to Japanese eyeshadow textures (I also had difficulty with a few other single eyeshadows and quads from other Japanese luxury brands). Now that I am back in the U.S., I will play around with it more. Thank you for your blog!

Light Love said...

so pretty! i love this look on you! <3

makeupmag said...

I like the Anna Sui mascara a lot too! :)