Thursday 8 March 2012

Paul & Joe Summer 2012 plus departure from Singapore

Here are more pics and details of the Paul & Joe summer collection which will be released on 1 May in Japan.

1. Shimmering Pressed Powder G #1 Midsummer Nights (5250yen): Pressed powder in light beige, sparkle pink and sepia brown in a fairy green compact with a brush.

2. Face Color G (2940yen): #001 Nymph, #002 Nubile and #003 Faune

3. Lip Gloss G (2625yen): #001 Love Potion, #002 Fairy Kiss and #003 Dream A Little Dream

4. Nail Enamel (1680yen): #028 Fairy Queen, #29 Sprite and #30 Pixie

5. Shimmering Body Lotion G (4200yen, 200ml): Sparkling body lotion with a green floral bouquet scent.

According to Fruity Lashes, there will also be several new eyeshadow singles and a Blotting Paper in a limited edition red floral packaging.

Several readers left comments in my earlier post informing that Paul & Joe will be pulling out of Singapore at the end of this month. It makes me incredibly sad that such a wondrously unique line is leaving Singapore after more than 7 years. Not only did Paul & Joe always offer the cutest gifts with purchase, their SAs also provided excellent, friendly service, unlike some of the more expensive brands. It's pretty much the only brand that I regularly purchase from every season. Although I can still get it from Harrods or Fenwicks in London or ASOS.com, I'll dearly miss the counters in Singapore with their friendlier SAs.

Stila is also leaving Singapore, but Escentials will be bringing back Becca in April. This will be Becca's third try at the Singapore market, after Sephora two years ago and Seiyu in Bugis Junction several years ago. Hopefully third time's the charm!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

I recall that I first got into Paul & Joe brand from Fuzkittie's raves on the Protective Fluid Foundation. And then the rest was history! It's sad to see them leave. It's fantastic brand with a reasonable price point. Oh well, as long as they don't end P&J globally!

arale april said...

i'm really sad too for paul & joe leaving singapore as i'm really a crazy fans of their seasonal items & freebies... now i longer can add pics of freebies to my FB album... sigh...

and i'll miss SA from taka & isetan (bee lian & shirley)

hope to know more news from you bout the GWP from Harrods or Fenwicks so i could ask my friend help me get it if she fly to london...

thanks a million..

The Driveller Kate said...

What sad news :(

And interesting about Becca in SG -- when I was in Hong Kong late last year I noticed how deserted their counters were, possibly due to the extreme mark-up, possibly because I'm not sure how well the beach girl aesthetic plays in the E Asian market...

Haru said...

hi Kate,
I suspect that one factor is that the range is expensive and does not spend much on marketing, so consumer awareness of the brand is not as high as other brands. Also, many of Becca's base makeup products seem more suited to normal/dry skin types, whereas in humid climates like Singapore, combating oily skin is a major concern for many ladies.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Serious?! In future, how am I going to stock my P&J products? :'( any recommend products of P&J beside foundation?

Haru said...

hi,
You can still purchase P&J online from ASOS.com which has free international shipping (but the nail polishes cannot be shipped outside of the UK) or Beautybay.com. I like their lipglosses, eyegloss duos and face colors. They make some nice lipsticks too but these can be hit-and-miss as the finish and texture vary depending on the individual shade.

Anonymous said...

Thanks :) have you tried out any of their skin care products line? Why they have to discontinue in Singapore? I feel so sad now.

Haru said...

Hi,
I've tried many samples of their skincare products, but nothing is a must-buy for me. Their skincare is usually highly fragranced.

Lynn said...

I'm sad to see P&J pull out of Singapore too. It was one of the first counter makeup brands i got into, thanks to you! From what i heard, they'll be pulling out of Malaysia too. The SAs were telling me that i could always try Hong Kong's P&J counter for GWPs since online sites don't have them.

Haru said...

hey Lynn,
One can only hope that another distributor in Singapore will pick up P&J, especially now that P&J has its own clothes stores in Singapore. In London, the P&J clothes stores also carry their makeup lines, usually in a small corner. And yes, I will miss all those GWP accessories, which were always something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru, I have always loved your blog and looked forward especially for P and J products. So sad to hear this. Their moisturing foundation primer is one of the best.