Sunday 11 March 2012

Lush Putty For Your Hands

The ever creative folks at Lush recently brought out a new Putty For Your Hands (£5.95 for 100g), an wonderfully soothing remedy for dry, cracked hands that moisturises as it cleanses, thanks to the inclusion of ingredients like oats, vegetable glycerine, marshmallow mucilage and shea butter.

As the name suggests, Putty feels very different from the usual sulphate-based soaps that most of us are used to. The top three ingredients in Putty are cornflour, talc, and glycerine. Hand soaps typically lather up easily, rinse off in a jiffy and leave your hands feeling squeaky clean. Putty does not lather up and trying to rinse it off can feel odd the first few times you try it, because it feels like trying to get some paste off your hands. Actually, it does not require that much rinsing but most of us are probably too accustomed to waiting for that squeaky clean feeling.

After rinsing and wiping dry with a towel, I was immediately impressed by how soft and moisturised my hands felt. My hands also had a light scent of lavender mixed with chamomile. Putty also contains tea tree oil but I don't really smell it. After trying Putty in the Lush store, I was hooked and purchased 100g, cut into two chunks for ease of use.

Most soaps leave my hands feeling dry and in desperate need of hand cream, especially during the harsh winter months, but it gets tedious having to keep re-applying hand cream each time I wash my hands (and I wash my hands very often). Putty feels like a conditioner for the hands, so it's great if you're usually too lazy to apply hand cream.

Lush UK has a sound clip here featuring the inventors of the product talking about how it came about. Do check it out!

The colourful window display for Mother's Day (which is celebrated in March in the UK, whereas in Singapore, it's the second Sunday of May). The new products for Mother's Day and Easter are already available at the Lush store in Singapore as well.

Madame Butterfly Re-usable Bubble Bar and Washing Up Fairy.



The Mum Re-usable Bubble Bars.

Tulip Re-usable Bubble Bars.

7 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Sounds like I'd enjoy the texture and feel of the putty! Now that singapore has one lush shop im tempted to step in just to smell the soaps! But its really expensive for soap! and I rather buy make up almost any other day! :)

kuri said...

The putty sounds fun and the scent sounds delightful; I'll try it if they bring it to Tokyo.

My Autistic Adventure said...

I really love the sound of this!

Unknown said...

the sound of it and the way you describe it makes me wanna try their soaps. (: I just simply love their mud masks....

Anonymous said...

I am interested in the Putty in your Hands. Do they sell this in S'pore?

Haru said...

I'm not sure, you should check with the Lush store in Wisma.

Sara Kye said...

The putty sounds so interesting! Definitely checking with the local stores!