Sunday 25 March 2012

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation

Another new contender in the field of illuminating foundations is L'Oreal Lumi Magique (£10.99). Designed to combat skin dullness, it is described as a "light infusing foundation" that hydrates and adds luminosity to the skin, as if lit from within for up to 12 hours.

The sleek glass bottle packaging with rose gold accents is quite classy for a drugstore brand. The pump is easy to control. I usually use 1.5 pumps for each application with a sponge.

I purchased this in K2 Rose Porcelain. Lumi Magique contains 40% pure water, versus the average 20% in other foundations, and 10 times less opaque fillers. It has a lighter, slightly more watery texture than Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation.

Unlike Wake Me Up, Lumi Magique does not contain any visible shimmer particles.

It has a dewier finish than Wake Me Up and takes a longer time to set.

On the plus side, it is very easy to apply and blend, regardless of whether one is using a sponge or just the fingertips. It melds into the skin easily, downplaying the redness without emphasising my pores. However, it does not conceal very red blemishes, like those near my eyebrow and on my chin. The coverage is light to medium.

I did not use any powder to set the foundation, so you can see the dewy finish. Because of the dewiness, I think this is more suitable for dry or normal skintypes. Now that the weather has turned much warmer here, my skin has reverted back to its normal oily state and so this does not work that well for me as my T-zone starts showing shine after just an hour. Overall, I still prefer Maquillage Essence Rich White Liquid UV and Rimmel Wake Me Up over Lumi Magique.

For this look, I also used Estee Lauder Pure Color Five Color Gelée Powder EyeShadow Palette 01 Bronze Sands and Pixi All-Over Magic Radiance Powder No.2 Rose Radiance.


List of ingredients.

3 comments:

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

On me that would look way too dewy, as I have oily skin. :/

Cath said...

What's on your lips? So pretty!

Lali Amora Beauty said...

I would love to get my hands on this, even though it is light to med coverage, I would still like to try it out, hmmmm i wonder if it will ever make it to the US? Thanks for reviewing! :)