Saturday 24 March 2012

Sleek Blush By 3 Lace

My dear husband managed to track down the elusive Sleek Blush By 3 palette in Lace at Superdrug in Holborn, London a week ago. The Blush By 3 Palettes have also just arrived on the Sleek website as well, so if you've been waiting for these, now's your chance.

Lace consists of Crochet (matte peachy orange), Guipure (shimmery rosy pink with gold shimmer) and Chantilly (matte red-toned coral). The total weight is a generous 20g/0.68oz, so it's doubtful I'll ever hit pan on one of these.



These swatches were done on bare skin without any primer. Each swatch was 2-3 passes, to get the shade to show up more clearly. Chantilly is the most pigmented of the three blushes while Guipure is the least pigmented. When applying Chantilly and Crochet, I only need to tap my brush super lightly across the blush surface, whereas with Guipure, I need to run the brush over it a couple of times with more pressure.

As highlighted in some other reviews, Pan Tao and Rose Gold are dupes for Crochet and Cuipure respectively. See more comparison swatches on Drivel About Frivol and A Vain Woman. My swatches of the other four Blush By 3 palettes are in this earlier post.

In the pic below, I am wearing Chantilly. As it is so intensely pigmented, one has to use a very light hand to avoid creating clown cheeks. My favourite blush brush at the moment is Louise Young LY06 super blusher brush which is wonderfully soft and excellent for blending.

With Crochet, I also prefer to use a light hand as it builds up rapidly with just a few strokes of the brush and can look too orange if applied too heavily.

Guipure looks very intense in the swatch on my arm above, but on the cheeks, it actually applies more sheer. Of the three, I'm liking Chantilly the best.


2 comments:

Light Love said...

beautiful colors! <3

Valencia said...

Just ordered this on their website, can't wait to try it.
All the colors look pretty on you!

xx,
valencialala.blogspot.com