Saturday 9 January 2010

The Body Shop Originals

The Body Shop is launching its Originals collection in Singapore on 10 January! It includes many long-time customer favourites like Dewberry Shower Gel, Fuzzy Peach Shower Gel, Banana Shampoo and Cucumber Cleansing Milk. What's even better is that these are very affordably priced from just S$9.90 onwards.

Although I had resolved not to haul more TBS body stuff until I had used up my current stash, I'll definitely be stocking up on some stuff from this collection. Top of the list is of course Dewberry Shower Gel. In my teenage years, only the cool rich girls could afford this. Later when I was in the UK for university, I used to stock up on this whenever TBS had a sale. Once, I even bought a massive 1-litre bottle of Dewberry Body Lotion. Think I barely got through one-third of it before it went off ;-p

Here's a Youtube video about the collection that I came across on a Canadian beauty website.

6 comments:

shopaholic shopper said...

hi love ur blog! i w ork for TBS...yup yup we are bringing the originals back!

AhCapp said...

Hi Iris,

Oh yes, I can remember when I was back in high school, , I used to have this classmate who is pretty and rich. She would use perfume and toiletries from TBS. I can only watch with envy because the stuff from TBS was not cheap. If I am not wrong, Scotts's branch was one of the first few branches in Singapore. I would go there with my mum to 'admire' the items, but would never be able to buy them.

Then when I went over to UK to study, TBS is like any other household brands. I still didn't indulge in their stuff, because I liked the toiletries from M&S better. =P

Then again, M&S does have some of the best household items I have ever come across. When I visited my friend at Imperial College, I would admire her M&S washing detergent (which made the laundry smell sooooo great!). Then the toilet paper which floral print on it! LOL!

Btw, the banana fragrance from TBS is truely a classic! Looking forward to seeing the whole range back in the store soon! ^_^

Haru said...

hey AhCapp,

Guess what, I saw the collection already on display at the TBS store in Wisma Atria basement 1 today! It was not advertised prominently as the post-Xmas sale is still going on (last 2nd day). The Dewberry smells as potent and luscious as before :-)

I had a classmate who would come to class reeking of Dewberry so that was my introduction to TBS (also when I was in secondary school!) and yup, TBS was very pricey back then for the average Singaporean. But the sales in the UK were always fantastic. Even now, the sales on the UK TBS website are much better than the sales in Singapore. I can't really remember the banana fragrance but will definitely check it out!

I actually haven't tried much M&S stuff, even when I was studying in the UK, except for their candles which I hauled last year (and are still gathering dust in my cabinet ;-p).

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Will they have their Vanilla perfume oil?

Haru said...

Nope, here's the list of products that have been brought back:
Fuzzy Peach Bath & Shower Gel
Dewberry Bath & Shower Gel
Banana Shampoo
Banana Conditioner
Dewberry Body Lotion
Green Apple Bath & Shower Gel
Cucumber Freshening Water
Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel
Cucumber Cleansing Milk
Ice Blue Shampoo
Carrot Moisture Cream

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the list, it is very helpful :)